Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Selena Gomez Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by aranea, Mar 7, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Kind of exciting to see her make her best record 5 albums in.

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm all about Revival. What a great moment for her.

4. Meerkat

lightning13 likes this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like her but "catchy but unremarkable" sums up like everything she's ever done to me. She's not really very talented but she's improved which I respect. She can't even manage the whisper singing live tho and she can't perform worth anything. She has songs that are fun but nothing special. idk. She seems nice tho. Revival is def the most interesting thing she released imo tho I never went back to it.

Garrett L. and carina like this.
  6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Live performance is such a non-factor to me with pop stars, honestly

AelNire likes this.
  7. Meerkat

Really disagree with saying she's not that talented. I think (and I'm not saying this is what you're saying Kiana, just something I've been thinking about) that a lot of times women are expected to have these huge belt heavy voices and when they don't they're considered bad or not as good when no one slams a lot of mediocre male-identifying singers.

8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

She does well with what she's got. Her AMA '15 performance was one of my favorites from her.

9. Kiana Mar 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2016)
    Kiana

oh I definitely don't expect belters. She can barely utter a sentence live without losing her breath like Selena sis what's going on????

Live performance is almost the most important thing to me with popstars. I wish more ppl valued it so we'd have a stronger batch of performers rn!! but even if it wasn't her songs are still pretty unremarkable. They're fun but I never remember them 6 months later. Sometimes I like them and throw them on a playlist but I almost always end up skipping them and taking them off eventually. idk her songs are just fun to me for a short time and then they lose it

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. Meerkat

Could that be linked to lupus and the treatment she receives for it?

11. Kiana Mar 16, 2016
    Kiana

I think she's just a weak singer honestly. Has been forever will prob always be. I like her voice in studio, especially Revival where I think she was experimenting and branching out with it. but she's one artist that if she lipsynced I wouldn't mind.

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

google some live performances of queen marina.

i'm jus sayin'

13. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i quite enjoyed this one too.

AelNire likes this.
  14. Kiana Mar 16, 2016
    Kiana

sis I'd never doubt Marina's performing ability!

I think the performing aspect of popstars is the funnest. They're entertainers and if they're not entertaining live and in studio then idgi. They don't all have to sing like Whitney or dance like Janet but if they don't offer anything live then I just think they're boring. But I'm a weirdo who watches tons of live performances and memorizes the choreo and when I listen to studio versions I get super amped just thinking about the artist's stage presence, so if the artist is a dud live that takes out a lot of the fun for me.

15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I can't believe people were calling her fat. I mean c'mon.

16. Kiana

I remember when those pics came out and blew up and ppl were so mean. Her bathing suit was a little ill-fitted but she looked great. idk why people feel the need to comment about anyone's weight like that in the first place.

This is kinda weird but Selena has a mole on her chest where I used to have one before the derm made me remove it and seeing it on Selena always makes me sad cause I miss it lol

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Just posting this because it features Louise Bartle of Bloc Party on drums and backing vocals which I thought was cool

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

next single is Kill Em With Kindness

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

when will sober get released. that song has hit written all over it

20. irthesteve

Totally agree, even on first listen that was the song that screamed single to me. Maybe I'm just out of touch with what hits these days, i wouldn't have guess Hands To Myself as a successful single

21. It's the cataracts.

22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

23. irthesteve

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Um okay haha