Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seinfeld TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by MrRobot, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Ya agreed. Maybe the car dealership episode was a bit eh but that's the only time.

2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

"El Paso, I spent a month there one night."

inwaves likes this.
  3. joe727 Aug 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Comedian Billy Domineau wrote a Seinfeld spec script that takes place a week after 9/11. It's getting alot of praise online and is being talked about by alot of comedians on Twitter.

Here is the TLDR of the plot for those who don't have time to read it.

Jerry is incredibly paranoid that the dust from the debris still around NYC is vaporized human remains.

Elaine is relieved when she finds out the guy she was about to break up with died in the towers because it saved her an awkward conversation. She then finds out he survived and reluctantly accepts his marriage proposal just because she doesn't want to be seen as turning down a 9/11 survivor.

George is jealous of the surviving first responders because they are getting the admiration of being a hero that he always fantasized about. He then makes up fake story of him surviving the tower collapse so people can see him as a hero.

Kramer finds out his neighbor was one of the hijackers, and that the boxcutter that was used on the plane was actually his that he lent to him a week before.

4. fronkensteen

Trusted

I'll have to read that later. Could be pretty interesting.

5. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

that's some dark humor

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

That Elaine plot line seems more in tune with George.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

Ideas like that are why it is good it ended when it did. One of the things that made Seinfeld great was how detached it was from the real world. They had the episode tied to the mayoral race, but that was it. No arguing over Clinton/Dole or Elaine doing the macarena.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

true but that george plot line is the most perfect george plot line.

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

The Jerry one is perfect. The rest are a little too dark perhaps, even for Seinfeld. I agree w/ Moz's statement. It would almost feel like a parody of itself, particularly Kramer's plot.

10. joe727 Aug 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Having skimmed through the script I kind of agree.

The climax is a scene where Kramer having found a brand new boxcutter excitedly opens an envelope and it's filled with white powder, and coughs it all over Jerry, who then runs away right into George and gets the supposed Anthrax all over him as well.

I do sort of get what the guy was doing though. It's not supposed to be fan fiction, it's supposed to be essentially a longform sketch parody of Seinfeld. I believe the guy said he came up with the idea when he was talking to another comedian about how the sketch the other guy was writing needs to be "an exercise in bad taste, like if they did a 9/11 episode of Seinfeld".

11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, that just doesn't ring Seinfeld to me. At all. Shoehorned as fuck haha

12. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

"Bosomy? You want to know if your grandmother was bosomy?"

13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

if anything the letter should be opened by george, given his paranoia of dying from anything.

14. Kingjohn_654

Seinfeld2000 did it better

15. Kingjohn_654

Confession: I still haven't seen Bee Movie.

coleslawed and inwaves like this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It's not worth it. I had to remember if I saw it or not.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

I don't think Bee Movie is the kind of movie you have to confess to not seeing.

alex and Richter915 like this.
  18. Kingjohn_654

But guys, what if I meet Jerry one day? I don't want him to be disappointed, especially right before I ask him to be my dad.

19. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

I don't understand the internet's weird obsession with Bee Movie

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I always assumed it was an ironic love.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I didn't know the Internet had a thing for it, but I remember it being a clever, fun movie

Richter915 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I imagine his response would be "what's the deal with people wanting me to be their dad? I already have kids, I don't want more kids"

Richter915 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

facebook_1470546687012.jpg

Richter915 likes this.
  24. Morrissey

Trusted

Seinfeld seems like he would be put off by a random person wasting his time and asking him questions.