Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seinfeld TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by MrRobot, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Vile weed!

2. fronkensteen

Trusted

The way he slaps the counter after taking the "shot" kills me. And then tries to pull his coat together in a nice way, haha

Richter915 likes this.
  3. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Mr. Marbles steals this episode.

"Newman, you wouldn't eat broccoli if it was deep-fried in chocolate sauce."

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

love when Jerry finds the Chunky wrapper in his couch (actually Elaine finds it but we all know that) and instantly knows that it was left by Newman.

and i love Newman's line to Jerry before admitting he has fleas: "maybe you live in squalor".

i use that line as much as i can around someone / a place that is dirty.

Richter915 likes this.
  5. fronkensteen

Trusted

I know the Chunky who left this Chunky!

Richter915 and MattLikesSsips like this.
  6. MattLikesSsips

I know the chunky that left these Chunkies!

Richter915 and fronkensteen like this.
  7. fronkensteen

Trusted

GEORGE: See, didn't bother Susan either. That's why I'm different. I can sense the slightest human suffering.

JERRY: Are you sensing anything right now?

Richter915 likes this.
  8. fronkensteen

Trusted

Probably my favorite scene:

Jerry: Ahh.

George: What?

Jerry: What is this? What are we doing? What in god's name are we doing?

George: What?

Jerry: OUR LIVES!! . What kind of lives are these? We're like children. We're not men.

George: No, we're not. We're not men.

Jerry: We come up with all these stupid reasons to break up with these women.

George: I know. I know. That's what I do. That's what I do.

Jerry: Are we going to be sitting here when we're sixty like two idiots?

George: . We should be having dinner with our sons when we're sixty.

Jerry: We're pathetic… you know that?

George: Yeah, Like I don't know that I'm pathetic.

Jerry: Why can't I be normal?

George: Yes. Me, too. I wanna be normal. Normal.

Jerry: It would be nice to care about someone.

9. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Vile Weed!

Richter915 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Chasing Kramer after he stole the risk board
    PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE DAY
    Being set on fire

Easily my three favorite Newman moments. Wayne Knight was perfect. So was pretty much every recurring character.

Richter915 and fronkensteen like this.
  11. MattLikesSsips

Once, twice, three times ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh oh the humanity!

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Every time I think I've seen this show too many times, I remember how little I care about ever seeing Friends or Cheers again despite seeing it half the amount of times as Seinfeld and how I could still go through all of Seinfeld again gladly without skipping more than a couple episodes. The closest show to that is Parks and Rec and even then I skip a few episodes in Seasons 1, 5, and 6.

Richter915 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  13. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Are the extras on the DVDs worth it?

14. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Absolutely. The outtakes and commentaries are fantastic. I admittedly haven't watched them all, because it makes me feel like there's still another level of Seinfeld that I can still access at some point haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. iam1bearcat

about to finish Seinfeldia.

one of the amazing stats that's mentioned is that Frank Costanza is on the show 28 times. granted he;s mentioned much more, but we only see him 28 times out of the 180 episodes and he's one of the most well known, iconic characters /dads in television history. it's amazing how great they were constantly able to make Frank (and all the parents really).

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

They initially wanted him to be very reserved and quiet to contrast with Estelle but he improvised the yelling of the line "then let him have bananas on the side" and Larry David immediately came up to him and told him that's how he needs to play the character.

Also yeah, the DVDs are absolutely worth it. I rarely say that about DVDs but I would absolutely buy the set.

17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Completely agree. Saw Seinfeld before I ever gave friends a try, it wasn't even close. Def agree with the Parks and Rec comparison but I'd throw Arrested Development in there too.

18. MattLikesSsips

Years ago my dad got me and my brothers autographed photos of the actor who played the Soup Nazi. He even got a ladle signed by him for my grandma, too.

It was a good Christmas that year.

image.jpeg

19. iam1bearcat

MattLikesSsips likes this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

The guy who inspired the Soup Nazi kicked Seinfeld out of his restaurant for ruining his life.

OhTheWater likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Kruger is only in 4 episodes, that's crazy to me

22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Bought the book on my kindle. Planning on reading it thru the week. I already know it will get me to rewatch the series for the millionth time and I am so excited for new perspective.

23. Morrissey

Trusted

A lot of the episode counts for minor characters always surprises me. Bania was only in six episodes but I feel like he is always there.

OhTheWater and MattLikesSsips like this.
  24. iam1bearcat

it's interesting to see the opposite end dynamics for some of the real life influences. ironically enough, the actor who played "Soup Nazi" learned to love it and fully embrace it. while i can understand both sides of the coin, it seems like hating Seinfeld (person and the show) is just being a stickler and too negative. but then again, i don't have hundreds (likely thousands at times) ask about the show and god knows whatever else.

25. iam1bearcat

kind of surprised the book pretty much word for word writes what Michaels said during his racist meltdown during his stand up act. figured they would talk about it, but didn't expect to see it written line by line. was quite interesting. (already knew what he said, but for the book to leave no question about what he said / did was surprising).