Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seinfeld TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by MrRobot, Apr 17, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

2. moderndynamo

bork bork

It's worth noting shiggystream in this thread I think.

shiggystream

You'll thank me.

3. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Does anyone else here listen to Seincast? It's my favorite podcast now.

Richter915 likes this.
  4. fronkensteen

Trusted

I did for a while, but dropped off.

5. fronkensteen

Trusted

Been watching a lot of Seinfeld lately. It's replaced Parks and Recreation as the show I fall asleep to. I've just been randomly selecting episodes and it's been amazing.

coleslawed, Richter915 and inwaves like this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

[​IMG]

Pretty sure i'm gonna buy this. Just recently came out and have read good things about it.

7. fronkensteen

Trusted

Interesting.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

9. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

hmm. interesting. i wonder how much of this will be new information to someone who has watched all the DVD commentaries, specials and seasons 10+ times and whatnot (i.e. me).

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I've done it all but the commentaries, but apparently this book digs real deep into behind the scenes.

11. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

oldjersey likes this.
  12. iam1bearcat

interesting. either way it'll end up a definite purchase, who am i kidding.

oldjersey likes this.
  13. fronkensteen

Trusted

Definitely post here after reading it.

14. iam1bearcat

just picked up the book from my local bookstore (surprised they had it) and will likely start it tonight. very excited.

MattLikesSsips and oldjersey like this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I saw the book at my B&N and skimmed it and looked at the pictures. Because I'm cheap hopefully the book will be available at my library.

16. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I'll pick it up soon too

17. iam1bearcat

So i'm 75 pages into Seinfeldia and it's gold, Jerry, gold!

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup. Just purchased and read about 40 pages and i'm already very content. Pure gold Jerry.

angrycandy likes this.
  19. iam1bearcat

due to Seinfeldia, decided to start another watch of the show. funny how in season 1 Elaine talks about "bumping off" a couple of cats. the topic comes up again in a later season with the barking neighbor dog (although in that scenario Kramer is the one who talks about "bumping off" the dog, but she considers it). she really doesn't like animals!

***add in the guy with the dogs who chase her because of the mutton in Jerry's jacket pockets :crylaugh:

20. iam1bearcat

dammit all, noticed a continuity issue with George:

season 2 starts by him wanting to break up with a woman, but it will be difficult because he told her he loved her (because she said she loved him and he felt he had to say it) yet in later seasons he says that he only said it, once, to a dog, who started licking himself (where we find out the woman didn't hear him because she's deaf in that ear).

and while not a continuity issue, below shows a weakening of what George can tolerate:

also, once he does break up with this woman, she starts crying. he says he weakened a bit, but hung in there. many seasons later when he wants to postpone the wedding with Susan, she starts crying, which gets him to crumble and keep the wedding where it was originally scheduled.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE WATCHING SHOWS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THE INSANE DETAILS YOU NOTICE.

angrycandy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  21. MattLikesSsips

Mutton is also a reoccurring meal in the show. Like when Kramer deserts Newman when tracking Jerry's stolen car (and JFK's golf clubs) and Newman eats dinner with the family he stumbles upon.

TBS is constantly airing the show so it's impossible to not consistently rewatch it.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  22. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Salad's got nothin on this mutton

23. fronkensteen

Trusted

More heavy gravy?

24. fronkensteen

Trusted

So many great jokes based on food.

25. MattLikesSsips

I watched the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode the other day. Newman chasing his steamed broccoli with honey mustard is me with honey mustard always.

inwaves and Kingjohn_654 like this.