Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seether Cover Thrice

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]

austingordon likes this.
  3. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

They covered a song that Thrice played just 10 months ago on the same show.

4. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Still not as good as their Brand New cover

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This dude certainly doesn't have the vocal chops Dustin has that's for sure.

Have they ever actually covered a Brand New song or just ripped them off?

6. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I think they are referring to the strong similarities between Seether's song "Nobody Praying for Me" and Brand New's song "Daisy"

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I thought this was fantastic. I have no idea why Clint from Sevendust is playing guitar for them, but it was great seeing that dude playing a Thrice song as well.

Davjs and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I know that but I thought they had actually covered a Brand New song before but I might be wrong

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Oh, my bad!

I just took a quick look at Seether's statistics on setlist.fm and it does not appear that they've ever covered Brand New.

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

They've played Jesus at soundchecks before

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Mike J

You'd think Seether would make better music since they listen to better music.

Aaron Mook and BEsterley like this.
  12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they've released four albums that have been in the top ten of the Billboard 200, they're probably pretty alright making the music they do.

Aaron Mook and Davjs like this.
  13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

You listen to Thrice, do you make better music?

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Mike J

As a matter of fact, yes. Thrice influenced my own music and music career a great deal.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. Been thinking the same thing for years. They could be so much better if they let go of the post grunge cliches. Their songwriting has become stale.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Post it! I'd love to see if it sound better than Seether.

I didn't notice it was him at first! That's great, Clint is such a good guitar player and vocalist, they need to utilize him on backing vocals or it's a waste.

17. Mike J

Chad Kroeger thinks record sales and chart positions imply quality music, too.

BEsterley likes this.
  18. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'd like to hear it. Thrice influenced music is always of interest

19. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Yeah, and Nickelback are playing in front of 7,000 people a night. What's your point? "Quality" is an opinion. A lot of these musicians want to be able to play in front of as many people as they can. The more records you sell, the better chances you play in front of bigger crowds. That's kinda how it works.

20. Mike J

Record sales, chart positions and attendance have nothing to do with quality as quantity does not equal quality. The majority of America has bad taste, hence the ratings for shows like The Bachelor. Thrice makes better music than Nickelback and Seether combined. Thrice could play in front of 12 people and that would still be the case. There's a reason Seether is covering Thrice and not the other way around. You'll never hear Thrice cover Seether.

That Kroeger comment was his defense against Corey Taylor and how he justified being better than Stone Sour or Slipknot. In his mind, their music is better because there's more people buying it. So, someone's comment above reminded me of this when they said that Seether's chart positions imply they're making good music whether they cover Thrice or not.

21. Davjs

Trusted

We'll never hear Thrice cover anything other than Beatles to be fair. If they were to cover Driven Under it could be amazing.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

So does that mean Miley Cyrus makes better music than Thrice since Dustin covered Wrecking Ball? There's no reason an artist covers another artist other than they like the song and want to cover it (ok sometimes they do this to get some publicity, but in this case, both Seether and Thrice are probably on the same level of popularity right now so I wouldn't see the point). Making a cover doesn't mean the other artist makes better music. Although, in my opinion, Thrice does make better music, but I still enjoy some Seether tracks.