Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seems Like Taylor Swift Is Doing Well

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

According to a press release from Republic Record, Taylor Swift’s Lover has surpassed over 2 million global consumption in the first day and generated the year’s “biggest first-week US sales in just 24 hours.” The full press release can be found below.

On release day, Taylor Swift’s Lover has surpassed over 2 million global consumption. Additionally, Lover generates the year’s biggest first-week US sales in just 24 hours.
    Lover is the ten-time GRAMMY® Award-winning, record-breaking superstar’s seventh album. Taylor Swift’s juggernaut arrives as a fan favorite and currently ranks as Taylor’s highest rated critically acclaimed album on Metacritic.

Here is what the critics are saying about Lover:

“Lover is a career-topping masterpiece” – Rolling Stone

“The superstar’s writing is better than it’s ever been on her latest album” – Rolling Stone

“The old Taylor is back on Lover and the best she’s been in years” – Vulture

“Taylor Swift’s ‘Lover’ Is A Masterful, Heartfelt Pop Spectacle” – Forbes

“Critics are falling in love with Taylor Swift’s latest album Lover” – USA Today

“Lover offers plenty of evidence that Swift is just a better songwriter than any of her competitors in the upper echelons of pop” – Guardian

“Lover is an album of revelation through pain that sees Swift pushing herself in surprising ways…some of the most intriguing lyrics of her career” – The Atlantic

“It is a towering work that’s worth both close analysis on headphones and scream-alongs on stadium speakers.” – Billboard

“Taylor Swift’s Lover Could Hold the Key to Pop Music’s Survival” – Vanity Fair

“Taylor Swift’s triumphant new album Lover” – The Sun

“Lover is a return to vulnerability and romance” – Pitchfork

“Taylor Swift’s ‘Lover’ is grown-up, complex pop” – LA Times

“Swift’s vocals are also in peak form throughout, with varied timbres and layers of harmony and spontaneous sounding interjections that constantly catch me by surprise” – Slate
    “Taylor Swift Emerges From the Darkness Unbroken on ‘Lover’” – The New York Times

2. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I literally have no idea what "2 million global consumption" means. Is that a rolled-up figure of sales and album-equivalent streams?

3. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

LOL at that headline. :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Anna Acosta and All Systems Goku like this.
  4. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

But it’s not even that great, is the disappointment in it all. Perhaps the album will be a grower for me, but then again - music ADD in 2019 means I may just forget about it.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

When I listened to Reputation for the first time, I didn’t think I was going to love it or have much staying power, and that didn’t turn out to be the case. Some songs on there I really love.

This album, however, on first listen I really did enjoy most of the songs. Still hoping 1-2 will really rise up as super favorites (like Don’t Blame Me did), but will still need a few more listens. I think Cruel Summer continues to be the one I go back to the most.

6. ARo24

Regular

I think it’s great. I could do without Me but there’s plenty of other solid tracks to make up for it.

7. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Well deserved...as someone that compares everything she does to All to Well, this album is as close as it gets imo

marissalg likes this.
  8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

She picked the WORST singles. Eliminate those from the record entirely and a couple other tracks and I think it's right there with 1989.

9. Spenny

Regular

Totally agree with this. Could have lost a couple of tracks (ME!, I Forgot That You Existed and London Boy primarily, maybe You Need To Calm Down could have been left off the album and released as a standalone single) and it would have been slightly more consistent. As it stands, it's a great album with a few pieces of filler.

fredwordsmith likes this.