Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seaway - Vacation (September 15, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 13, 2017.

1. btr Jul 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2018)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Release Date: September 15th, 2017
    Record Label: Pure Noise Records

1. Apartment
    2. Neurotic
    3. London
    4. Lula on the Beach
    5. Something Wonderful
    6. Curse Me Out
    7. Day Player
    8. Misery in You
    9. Scatter My Ashes Along the Coast or Don't
    10. Car Seat Magazine
    11. 40 Over
    12. When I Hang Up

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Nice!

Enjoyed their last album ALOT. New song is good too.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Last album had some really good stuff on it. Not super into the new song, but looking forward to this album.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Last album was great fun and they're so good live. Hoping for a bit more maturity in the lyrics, but even if that doesn't happen, this band have took over from Man Overboard as a dumb fun pop-punk band I can listen to and not think too hard, just enjoy. I'm pretty hyped. Will check out the new song later.

5. TDenverFan

Regular

First time I listened to the song I wasn't hugely into it, but after a few listens that chorus is stuck in my head.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Song is okay but no huge change really.

Lead singer was on yesterday's Lead Singer Syndrome and said this is the first album where they really took it seriously, so I'm hoping the rest of the album is a bit of a step up. Band seem to improve with every release but I do want more of the fast paced jams back like Shy Guys.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Never heard these guys before, but they would have fit in nicely on Drive Thru Records in about 2003. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The chorus of that new song reminds me so much of something from Good Charlotte. Maybe something off their latest release.

10. TDenverFan

Regular

Two very catchy songs. I like the positive vibe they give off, too many pop punk songs are sad

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked Colour Blind and Hoser

Apartment I was a little eh on but I dig the new one

Wish this was already out. Definitely more of a summer vibe

This is probably the only "new wave" pop punk band that I like

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This would have been a great album to have a month or two ago lol

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not a fan of this one

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dig it, just wish this album came out like 2 months ago. Not really going to bump this in the fall

16. Ed59_

Regular

This is really good. Super catchy and just a fun listen.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

First impression after one listen through is that this is just okay. The production is nice.

18. Joshua

Regular

Was a little underwhelmed by Caleb schomo's feature, was expecting something bigger

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Love this album

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

"day player" is giving me 3EB vibes.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  21. TDenverFan

Regular

Car Seat Magazine is awesome

22. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Don't really listen to that many newer pop punk bands, but this album surprised me a whole bunch with how solid it is. Especially considering I didn't really find any of their earlier albums all that interesting.

I definitely agree with @JaytotheGee that this should have came out a month or two ago. Maybe they wouldn't have been able to get the vinyl out in time?

I would have definitely been bumping this all the time during the summer. Just some great windows down, beach vibes pop punk. Lula On The Beach keeps getting stuck in my head.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Lula On The Beach rules

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It feels like this album kind of didn't really do anything for Seaway. They seemed to be on the up after their last album was so solid but this felt a little average to me.

25. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Weird, its the opposite for me. Outside of a couple songs on Colour Blind, they were always pretty bland and boring in my opinion. This album is the one that got me aboard.