Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seattle, Washington Location • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 9, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I second museum of pop culture. I know the space needle is a tourist thing but it is really neat to see the city from it.
    I recommend Kerry park for the best view of the city as well
    In general when I went I tried to see as many “tourist” attractions as possible and I was really happy with it.
    If you’re a nirvana fan viretta Park next to Kurt cobains house is a nice little tribute to check out

theagentcoma and jkauf like this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

Space Needle is boooooring. The only good tourist thing is the market and thats because Beechers Mac N Cheese is The Truth. Go across the lake to Gasworks park. That whole neighborhood of Freemont/Ballard is my favorite area to walk around.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Oh shoot yeah Gasworks is awesome, great view of the city.

4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Smoke a lot of weed (if you’re into that kind of thing) and then lay by any body of water

jkauf likes this.
  5. Arry

Also get pho and teriyaki. I might argue that teriyaki is the food of Seattle.

6. theagentcoma

For anyone who is interested, I have an extra ticket to the Now, Now show tonight. Giving it away for free! It's the The Crocodile at 7pm.

7. xstatesandminds

I have a layover in Seattle next month, so will be going into the city for a few hours before my flight home, what should I see/do?

8. Arry

take the light rail into downtown and walk around. if you're in pike place, get some fish and chips.. check out country dough for thick chinese noodles. OR get some teriyaki. i think that can fill up a few hours. also weed.

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

If you’re in pikes place get some PIROSHKYS

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Have a Heart dispensary
    Pike Place Chowder
    Salt and Straw

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lmao I didn't realize car seat headrest is from Seattle and I always whine about how they play in Seattle a lot but don't always come to PDX oop. Makes sense now. They're playing next week and I wanna go but five hour drive and the money that comes with that ughh smh I need to sort my priorities

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Do it! Car Seat Headrest party?

13. Kiana

I was considering it but $60/ticket might be enough to come to my senses lol

14. hermanthehermit

Urgh...Yeah, I didn't realize tickets were that much. That seems like a lot for them.

Edit: And it's at the Vera Project, which I've never paid more than $15 for a ticket to see a show at. Super weird.

Kiana likes this.
  15. Kiana

Yeah it looks like a good cause holiday show so idk if that's why? I think the last few times they've played its been on days that are too hard for me, so I was hyped to see a Saturday show but smh! Last time they played PDX I had to drive to a work thing so I missed it and I've been annoyed since! One day it'll work out!!

16. hermanthehermit

Yeah, looks like it's a show to benefit the Vera Project, which makes sense. It's our local DIY venue, so surprising it cost that much. You should move to a more convenient place for concerts!

17. Kiana

I agree! I always whine that the city costs too much but with what I spend on gas and hotels for shows I'm sure it evens out at least a bit. When I had to drive 3 hours home immediately after the boygenius show last night I was so cranky and cursing like every city resident who got to drive fifteen minutes home and go to sleep lol

18. hermanthehermit

Understandable. That was like a 4 hour show. I couldn't imagine having to add 6 hours of driving to that, same day!

19. theagentcoma

$60 for a show at the Vera Project? That's freaking madness

hermanthehermit and Arry like this.
  20. Arry

but definitely worth it. i've taken so many great classes at vera

21. Kiana

At first tickets said $40-60 and I was like ok maybe I can do $40 but only options were $60 and that's too much for me even tho I'm sure the show will be great

22. OhitsKramer

Software Developing and crying

Oh hey guys. I'm here procrastinating at work so to avoid a snooze fest in my cubicle this Sunday, I decided to stop by and say hey!

that's all I have though. Hi.

23. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

anyone excited about the viaduct closure? :teethsmile:

Arry likes this.
  24. hermanthehermit

My office is right next to the viaduct. I really hope they let us work from home when they're tearing it down by us...

25. Arry

ill only be excited if i'll be allowed to wfh. i work in bellevue so i hope it doesn't bloat my commute, but ugh... my gf works on western/pike place so good luck to her!