Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seattle, Washington Location • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 9, 2016.

1. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

whoa they're playing barboza? that's a small venue. but anyways, that area is usually a shit show, but it's a weekday night so who knows. i would try to find street parking, since it's free after 8pm. you probably won't find a spot directly on Pike unless you're super lucky, so i would cruise around rock box and that area. but if you're okay with paying for parking, i would also try checking out the parking lot above QFC and see if that's cheaper if you wanna pay for parking. I think they may give you an hour free if you bought something at QFC. or bus it! or lightrail it! or uber!

ChiliTacos likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

So, anyone else gearing up for this storm? Last year we lost the power for a few days and it was fun for the first day. We lit candles, had a fire, and our friends came over while I read Harry Potter aloud to them. We played games and hung out. It was great...for the first day. Day 2 we were over it. Hoping it doesn't last that long this year.

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Good thing it never hit lol

4. Arry

i bought extra ikea tea candles for NOTHING. such a bummer, all that hype

5. theagentcoma

But I wanted a Stormpocalypse

6. theagentcoma

Really wishing this had blown us away into the Pacific rn

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Just applied for an internship in Seattle. I've never lived outside of Indiana, but I need a drastic change. I've always wanted to move out to the west coast, and Seattle does seem like it has some cool vibes.

theagentcoma and clucky like this.
  8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

9. Arry

last night's protest was wild

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

Yeah it looked super intense. I read that there was a shooting incident, but it was completely unrelated to the protest. I'll be down at the hill later tonight, going to a show at the Highline.

11. Hello Seattle friends: I'm coming to your city in December (the 9th through the 14th). Staying downtown, but probably renting a car while I'm there, lat least for a day or two. Want to hit up Bainbridge, Capitol Hill, the Market, and maybe get close to Mt. Rainer if that's possible. Can y'all make any other specific recommendations that are good for mid-December? Oh, any cool concerts going on then too?

TheWater(s) likes this.
  12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Got tix for the Rams v. Seahawks game for my 9 year old son, who's a complete die hard fan...completely obsessed and he's been begging for about 3 years. It's a xmas present and I'm going to try to surprise him by saying 'lets go, and pack all your Seahawk gear.' Can't wait for that reaction :).

smoke4thecaper and TheWater(s) like this.
  13. Arry

snowboarding! or check out leavenworth if you have a car.

sadly i don't know of any sites that aggregate all the shows into one. maybe the stranger events? http://www.thestranger.com/events/2016-12-14?page=2&view_id=events

i usually check venue sites, or facebook lets me know the shows coming up.

nice!! Rams is always a wildcard... can i also be your son?

popdisaster00 likes this.
  14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I wish I was ur son

15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving to all the PNWers!

Arry and theagentcoma like this.
  16. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Hello folks, I'm looking for a roommate! I'm moving from Chicago out to Seattle for a new job, and would like to live with someone, even if it is for a short term deal. If you or someone you know is in a situation where they need a roommate, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

p.s. See you at a show soon B-)

Arry likes this.
  17. paperlung

I'll be out there on January 2nd, moving in on January 3rd. If you or anyone you know is available to help me move in on January 3rd, that would be incredible! I'll provide food, beer, some cash, something else you'd like, etc. If you're interested/available please let me know!

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. clucky

Trusted Supporter

what part of the city are you moving to?

19. paperlung

Oops I was without internet for a while. I'm in Wallingford. If any of ya are doing anything fun holler, I'm looking to meet people!

Arry likes this.
  20. Arry

welcome dude! wallingford is a nice neighborhood. i used to live there and used to see dave matthews at QFC on 45th all the time. who else from chorus.fm lives in seattle? maybe we should have a meet up

21. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I'm in Greenwood!

22. flask

Trusted Supporter

Just got back from Seattle on Monday. Was there for the weekend. Drank a lot of coffee, ate some good food, got a simpsons tattoo on a whim with my friend haha. Good trip.

clucky likes this.
  23. theagentcoma

Anyone go to the Women's March today?

24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I was there. took me a good four hours to finish cause I wound up getting funneled towards the back of the march but can't complain. Was amazing to see all the turnout!

25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Lived in Olympia for seven years, moved after high school to go to The Evergreen State College. Really didn't start going to Seattle super often until after I graduated, got a car, and got serious about going to shows.

Never lived in Seattle, but I love the city and consider it part of my 'home.' Hope to come back up sometime in early April!