Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seattle, Washington Location • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 9, 2016.

1. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I was invited to a cocktail party tonight in Ballard and the person in the email said something to the effect of "fuck the Seattle freeze." I literally had no idea until this thread and now this but it keeps popping up more and more.

2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

It's an ugly stigma many of the longer-tenured/older residents have created, and now the "new wave" wants to shake that title. I don't blame them, b/c I don't like it and while I'm certainly guilty of keeping to myself, I am always civil and friendly to any new people I meet here.

3. permanentann

we'll kick it when I hit the ground

I have family in Seattle, Port Angeles, and Sequim. It seems like the whole state is beautiful. I've visited Seattle twice now and would love to eventually live there, but we'll see. Hoping to take a weekend trip by myself up there like next month. I will have to check out some of these restaurants mentioned! What's the best way to get around when you don't have a car? Like... Is public transportation good or is Uber good or...?

4. panthersoup

I am more or less alive

I live I the suburbs but go to school downtown so I'm in the city almost every day. I love it and never want to leave the area. I'm hoping to eventually get an apartment in the city when I can afford it, rent's getting kinda crazy unfortunately.

5. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i've lived in the city without a car. as long as you're traveling within the city, car sharing is great. Zipcar, uber is great, i've heard car2go is great. public transportation is awesome as well.

permanentann likes this.
  6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lyft has $5 dollar areas now if you share the ride with others too. I drive but most of my friends use the light rail and like it. I use Lyft on the weekends if I'm going out.

permanentann likes this.
  7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I was in Seattle for like, an hour last fall. Girlfriend is from nearby in Port Orchard though so I'll definitely make it out again sometime.

8. jdr2187

jdr2187

I will be in Seattle for 3 days at the end of the month, and its my first time there. Anybody recommend the things I should for sure I do with that limited time. I for sure want to try a few really good local restaurants. Also might try and make a mariners game.

9. Arry

heck yeah mariners game! and go to a sounders game if they're still playing? I don't like soccer, but the atmosphere is addicting. what kind of food do you like and what area are you gonna be in? there's so many great options for food

10. jdr2187

jdr2187

I'm staying on Alaskan Way, on the waterfront. I like pretty much anything besides Mexican.

11. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Been there several times. Really enjoyed my visits and I've always been a fan of overcast weather... Definitely could see myself there if other things in my life worked out that way.

I did this really cool spontaneous Underground tour downtown with my friend...you can actually walk on the old sidewalks underneath the city and see people walking on the current sidewalks above you! There's a whole burned-down underground part of Seattle I never knew about - great hosts on the tour with lots of cool history/stories.

12. Arry

okay cool, Seattle's mexican kinda sucks. if you can get to capitol hill, there are some great places to eat. I wouldn't really eat on the waterfront, since it's super spendy. Stateside is somewhere I've always wanted to try, a little upscale vietnamese spot. Taylor Shellfish is close to Stateside if you're craving oysters or seafood. Japonessa is across from Pike Place, which has a pretty good happy hour. Three Girl's Bakery has a really good reuben, which is located in Pike Place as well.

I would check out SAM, and our public library. really cool buildings.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm in the process of saving up (along with my girlfriend, three friends, and our very own Randall Mentzos) to move out to this area after our next lease is up. So looking at anywhere from September 2017 to January 2018. I've wanted to move out to this region since first visiting when I was six or seven. At the moment we're looking more at the Northern Tacoma area just for cost efficiency but the long-term goal is to buy land and open up a diner that functions as a bar/music hall so where in this region I end up will depend on pricing and chances of this business succeeding. Excited at the prospect as a Mariners (RIP Supersonics) fan, amused at the prospect as an Arizona Cardinal fan.

Arry, Dirty Sanchez and TheWater(s) like this.
  14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Send me the address of said bar when u get here so I can beat you up for being a Cardinals fan :redanger:

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I mean, we could just meet at a regular bar haha. My own won't be up for a good minute or ya know, several years haha.

16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Oh hey I found this thread

I should leave tho because I'm one those CA transplants they want to keep out

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Where u at right now I'm gonna come fight u

18. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Also next month I won't be able to claim Seattle bc I'm moving to Burien

19. Arry

im sorry

20. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I bought a house but I'm still sad to even be 10-15 out of the city :(

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I mean, I'll be a Florida transplant. Florida is much worse haha

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Bish I'm in MLT.

I'm starting to think that I need a contingency plan for this goddamn apocalyptic earthquake everyone is talking about. They say everything west of the 5 will be obliterated. I live like 3 minutes east of the 5...

23. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I have bad news for u and ur cost of living. It's steadily rising. Unless you bought a home bc if that's the case then you about to be super rich.

24. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Is there anyone who lives near Market St (Ballard) and wouldn't mind doing a total stranger a huge favor? Feel free to PM me.

25. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Messaged u