Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seattle, Washington Location • Page 12

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 9, 2016.

1. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I haven’t eaten at these places, but I’ve heard good things about Plum Bistro, Mamnoon, and Queen Sheba for a few different cuisine options. I need to try them bc they’re all like 2 blocks from me lol.

Kiana likes this.
  2. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

plum bistro is amazing

hermanthehermit likes this.
  3. hermanthehermit

I’m very bad at eating at new places. Bok a bok or bust

4. paperlung

thai tom is my go to all the way

5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Visiting from Chicago this weekend 41A8D9A1-3566-45CF-AE70-BC9EFCCEF326.jpeg . You all have a fine city.

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm actually visiting from Florida this week and the weather is perfect. September is the best month here!

hermanthehermit and chewbacca110 like this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Seeing Sparks in March, coming for 3-ish days. What should I do and in what neighborhood should I Air BnB?

8. hermanthehermit

The venue they’re at is near the market, so I’d recommend staying near the market or up into Capitol Hill. I’m bad at touristy things, but Seattle Center has that kinda stuff with the Space Needle, MoPop, etc.

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

MoPOP is the shit and well worth a few hours of your time.

10. More of a Washington question but would anyone have recommendations for things to do, places to visit, or places to eat in either Bellingham or Tacoma?

11. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Tacoma resident here. What're you interested in?

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Anyone going to THING Fest this weekend?

13. paperlung

got two tickets for gaslight anthem next week that i'm trying to sell for what i paid (~$60/each). message me if you're interested!

14. theagentcoma

go Mariners

adrian and hermanthehermit like this.
  15. Hey all, I'm visiting Seattle in a couple weeks with my friend. I've noted down all the suggestions of places to go that y'all mentioned on this page, but if there are any others you can think of please post them, especially places to eat!

I'm definitely doing the Space Needle + Chihuly Garden. I'm thinking of getting the CityPASS because I really want to do the MoPOP as well.

hermanthehermit and CarpetElf like this.
  16. theagentcoma

MoPop is cool.

September is truly the best month to visit Seattle, hopefully it's still nice when you go. I would say go to a Mariners game but the season will have just ended.

Check out Pike Place if you're into the touristy stuff. Gasworks Park is cool, has a nice view of the lake/skyline. Alki Beach in West Seattle is nice if you want to go to a place that feels like SoCal without being SoCal lol.

Might as well get Dick's while you're there, it's a Seattle staple. Din Tai Fung in University Village is a Michelin star restaurant, definitely check that out if you like Chinese food.

Joe likes this.
  17. flask

Trusted Supporter

go to a kraken game

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

MoPop is so fun! Tbh I just like walking in that area/pioneer/downtown and looking all the pretty big old buildings. I'm gonna sound like a grandpa but they don't make buildings like they used to!

hermanthehermit and theagentcoma like this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Been to Seattle like 5 times the last 5 years. Love being over on the Fremont side of things as opposed to the downtown area. Although if it’s your first time the market is cool for like an hour. Din Tai Fung IS good but it’s also a chain so not exactly a Seattle destination. Not sure where you live tho.

hermanthehermit and theagentcoma like this.
  20. hermanthehermit

Before the lockdowns, my office was in Pioneer Square, so I spent my lunch breaks walking down alleys looking at old ivy covered brick buildings. I love that area.

Kiana and theagentcoma like this.
  21. My Seattle trip was a lot of fun! All our activities were confined to the downtown area, so I’d definitely like to venture outside of that whenever I visit again. I didn’t get a chance to check out any of the parks, unfortunately. We did a lot though. CityPass was great for a first time tourist :-)

Tues: Old Stove Brewing, MoPOP, Din Tai Fung for dinner.
    Wed: Biscuit Bitch, St James Cathedral, Chihuly Garden and Glass, Cloudburst Brewing, Radiator Whiskey for dinner.
    Thurs: Pike Place Market, Space Needle, Seattle Beer Co, The Pink Door for dinner.
    Fri: Starbucks Reserve Roastery, Aquarium, Harbor Tour, Copperworks Distillery, Purple Cafe for dinner.

Currently on a train down to Vancouver/Portland to visit friends. I’ll post my food pics in the food thread if this Amtrak wifi holds up.

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Are you going anywhere cool in pdx?

23. Nothing special planned for this trip. I’ll be working during the week. I was there for 2 weeks earlier this year and my friends took me to a couple lakes, hikes, and Portland areas to explore. My friend always refers to the areas by street name so I always forget what was where. I think Mississippi St and 23rd were a couple of em lol. I do love the PDX area though!

Kiana likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

sounds like a good trip!

Joe likes this.
  25. Some pics and clips from the trip.

SuddenUrgeJoey likes this.