Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seattle, Washington Location • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 9, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

On a completely unrelated and random note, it's totally reasonable for me to spend $49 on 6lb of Mac n cheese shipped online to me right???

Arry, flask, BirdPerson and 1 other person like this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

good luck Gina

BirdPerson likes this.
  3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

I ate at the beechers at the airport lmao. Piroshky Piroshky is also fantastic.

BirdPerson likes this.
  5. Arry Jul 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2019)
    Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

1. teriyaki. any teriyaki place, honestly. but near pike place, i used to frequent okinawa teriyaki. chicken is the staple but beef + gyoza is my shittttt.
    - if it's late night, then a hot dog with cream cheese, caramelized onions and sriracha
    - il corvo used to be in pike place below my office but they moved to pioneer square which is kinda of a 20 min sketchy walk lol but well worth it. homemade pasta and sauces. long lines and they're only open for lunch but god. i dream of it. i'm usually a 'fuck lines' person, but i'll gladly wait in line for it. their menu revolves and when they're out of something, they're out for the day. but if they have the short rib bolognese then get it.
    - din tai fung if you're never been. pricy-ish dumplings, but its good. the soup dumplings and green beans.
    - country dough. hand shaved chinese noodles. hot and spicy
    - musashi's in wallingford. huge sushi pieces and amazing chirashi bowls. one of my first favorite sushi places. i think they're still cash only, so i'd bring cash.
    - do not go to crab pot even though it's in the area. i rather go to a place in white center, called crawfish house. it's getting popular now so you might have to wait, but loads and loads better than the tourist trap Crab Pot

2. you're gonna pay downtown prices. i'd get out of downtown or capitol hill. i'd suggest maybe trying to go to ballard or greenwood or some other neighborhood. Trees (lol literally called Trees) is across the street from me and they always gave me decent deals. a lot of dispensaries have up to date menus on their sites, which is awesome to shop around first before you commit.

BirdPerson likes this.
  6. flask

Trusted Supporter

5th time here and actually going to the space needle this time lol.

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've been here 7 years and still haven't gone

Arry likes this.
  8. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Nah, walk to Salumi. It's in pioneer square, but the food is so damn good. I get the molé sandwich on paydays.

BirdPerson likes this.
  9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Went to honey hole and my sandwich was insanely good but also took an hour to get my food so....soft recommend.

BirdPerson likes this.
  10. hermanthehermit

Hah, nice! Yeah, it's close to my place so I go there quite a bit, but it's not somewhere to go if you're in a rush.

11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Thank you folks! Really can't wait for this trip

12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I was looking for a specific pic the other day and ended up going through all my seattle pics from my trip 3 years ago. I really need it to be this time next year so that I can be on my way to live there forever

hermanthehermit and theagentcoma like this.
  13. theagentcoma

hey how is everyone doing? scary times up here in WA state.

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

What’s going on

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

theagentcoma and supernovagirl like this.
  16. hermanthehermit

Doin' aight. A little peeved everywhere's sold out of hand sanitizer, but oh well.

17. theagentcoma

Yeah the Costco in Shoreline got blitzed. They literally ran out of toilet paper. Hell, even at Trader Joe's on Saturday people were loading up their carts. At Trader Joe's!

Both my dad and my sister texted me with concern. Lots of schools closed today. Not a fun time.

18. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

bump

I live about two hours and change from Seattle

19. theagentcoma

Wow my last post in here was over a year ago. Right before things got really bad. I went on standby from work for a month, cancelled my wedding and honeymoon, and was diagnosed with type one diabetes. Now I live in Florida and my wife is pregnant.

What a difference a year makes.

Going back to visit in September for about ten days and I'm stoked on it.

Cody likes this.
  20. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Hope everyone stays relatively cool today.

I'll be hoping that laying in the dark all day with fans pointed at me from all angles will do the trick

21. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

is blue moon saloon a fun venue?

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Hello Seattleites - My girl and I are going to be visiting your fine city Labor Day weekend. We will be staying near the Space Needle and will have a rental car. Wanted your recommendations on:

Hiking
    Breweries
    Restaurants
    General tourist spots (we are already gonna do Pike Place Market and the Space Needle)

23. Kiana

Any good food recs near capitol hill? I'm vegetarian and the friend I'm going with is keto. It can be kinda hard to find good crossover places so we may just have to take turns picking places lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. Kiana

@mad !!

Edit: Lol I didn't mean to at u sis but since I did, :heart:

25. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Honestly, for tourist stuff, this pass is freakin awesome and a good deal: Seattle CityPASS

You get the space needle, the aquarium (which is pretty cool - it's mostly focused on wildlife in the puget sound), and your option of a few other things. Two of them are MoPop and the Chihuly glass museum which are both so cool. If you're really booking it you can knock most those things out in a day.

Other tourist things:
    - gasworks park: great view of downtown, the space needle, and the water
    - take the water taxi from downtown to alki beach. alki feels like a totally different place and is pretty cool.

For hiking, if you want to stay in the city you can walk around some great parks:
    - discovery park
    - carkeek park
    ^ both those you can walk to waterfront areas
    - the arboretum

If you wanna hike outside of seattle:
    - Franklin falls: very short, mellow, ends at a waterfall
    - Rattlesnake ledge: a medium/short hike, very crowded on weekends
    - Mt Washington: a longer hike, but views very worth it.
    - also check out wta.org. there's tons of ways to find a hike that suits you

Last tourist thing, if you have a day to spare, go check out Rainier. There's hikes there and the park is STUNNING. I was blown away first time I went there.

In terms of breweries..I don't know a ton about them, but there's a nice little area of breweries north or downtown all within walking/a short lyft:
    - fremont brewing
    - stoup brewery
    - reuben's brewery
    - peddler brewing co

chewbacca110 likes this.