Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seahaven - Halo of Hurt (November 20, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Leftandleaving, Oct 28, 2020.

1. soggytime

Trusted

Well, this jumped into my end of the year list out of nowhere

congruence likes this.
  2. I don’t belong -> harbor is such a stretch

3. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Yeah this is fantastic

4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Digging this

"Moon" has Casket Lottery vibes

5. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This album is really good. I've listened to it 5-6 times now and it all still sounds great, but there isn't one song or melody or anything that is standing out over the others. That's usually a great indication of staying power for an album for me.

Anthony_Soprano and josh- like this.
  6. Micah511

This album should be absolutely huge. I have a feeling it won't be though, which is really a shame. 9 songs in 40 minutes makes it really easy to just hit repeat and listen multiple times in a row, reminds me of the last 3 Turnover albums in that way. Real smooth sounding albums.

DrawYourMind and astereo like this.
  7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This is the record I didn't know I needed this year. Dandelion is maybe my favorite song they've ever put out.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

feel like half of this is super cool and half is just there for me - maybe it is a grower

9. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’m starting to enjoy it more with each listen, but as others have stated, I’m finding it hard to remember any specific moments or melodies.

waterloobeam likes this.
  10. Micah511

I think its just the sign of a grower. I think the new Movements album complements this one as the same type of vibe, but it really hits you over the head with the melodies. I see this one having more staying power due to it's subtlety.

11. congruence

Got a light?

I knew this band was very good, didnt know they were THIS good holy shit

12. -deleted-

-

beachdude likes this.
  13. flask

Trusted Supporter

Got my record tonight. Really captures the mood of the sun setting by like 5:00pm. Kinda wish I got the candle too lol.

astereo likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away

Not sure why but this still hasn’t clicked for me.

Micah511 likes this.
  15. -deleted-

-

Are you sad irl? Makes it work easier.

16. Micah511

I am not sad IRL (I mean, aside from the state of the USA and the pandemic, etc) but I love this. I say just give it time.

17. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Really good album, right now it doesn't top the other two for me but it could in time. I love how all their records are different styles but still sound like Seahaven

18. haven't really felt compelled to listen to this even though I loved Reverie Lagoon. Finally getting around to it...I don't really like the opener. "Moon" is ok. "Dandelion" is boring and this fog machine guitar sound is corny to me.

I feel like they don't really sound good in this dramatic hi-fi alt rock kind of mode

19. Leftandleaving

The stuff I like on here I think is their best stuff probably - I didn’t like their pre reverie lagoon material - but the rest is just fine. Agreed about the opener - I think it starts pretty weak

jordalsh likes this.
  20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Lose is so so good.

21. I did start to listen to it on release day and I just couldn't after like a minute of that opener

OotyPa likes this.
  22. ok yeah the rest of this is just kind of...there.

I feel like with Reverie Lagoon they made something that was sort of unique to the genre at the time, it was surprising and varied and created a very distinct atmosphere. to me, it felt like they had finally settled on a sound that was theirs. it's disappointing to me that they disappeared after that for so long and they've come back with this, an album that sounds to me like they wanted to separate themselves from that, and the result sounds kind of faceless.

waterloobeam and OotyPa like this.
  23. -deleted-

-

The song doesn’t even really start until a minute in when the vocals come on. Atmospheric tones on an intro track called Void? Works for me.

24. I was probably more like halfway through tbh! the point is that the vibe was kind of off for me from the start.

I think they've tripped into a style that doesn't really mesh with my tastes, which is ok! just might not be for me

25. Leftandleaving

Prior to this album highway blues was my favorite by them, and I love lose - I think they do really well with that kinda stripped down guitar and vocals type song

smowashere and Anthony_Soprano like this.