Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seahaven - Halo of Hurt (November 20, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Leftandleaving, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

[​IMG]

01.Void
    02. Moon
    03. Dandelion
    04. I Don’t Belong Here
    05. Lose
    06. Harbor
    07. Living Hell
    08. Bait
    09. Eraser

2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

So ready for this one

3. Was not expecting to be listening to (and still into) a new Seahaven record in 2020, let's go

4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Harbor is classic Seahaven

5. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Dig these songs so far. Was never into Seahaven during their heyday.

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’m in the same boat. I thought their first two LPs were tedious and reverie lagoon was merely okay, but all of these songs are great

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very stoked

None of these tracks are better than any of their previous material but still great

8. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I love both their other records, so I won't lie the bar is high for this, but I think it'll be great based on those tracks. The EP is good too.

9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

less get it

10. -deleted-

-

I’m so ready. Waited many days and nights for this album and I can’t believe there’s 3 tracks out already. I love them. I think Reverie Lagoon is severely underrated.

11. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

I'm really enjoying the new songs. Super Autumny.

12. -deleted-

-

Been on repeat nonstop.

For days I have been hearing Moon and thinking to myself wow this is so good but what does it remind me of? And then boom, today it clicked and it made me laugh cause I really dead’d that band in my consciousness.

13. Harbor is HELLA good. Releasing 3 singles in the opening weeks of, like, a month-long rollout is a bit keen so I'm avoiding Bait until I hear the album. So glad these guys are back. And yes, I did get vibes of That One Band off Moon, it's undeniable.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  14. congruence

Got a light?

Winter Forever still holds up and is probably my favorite release of theirs. These songs are very great, Balance and Composure vibes on one track (too lazy to check which one) and yes, the band others have referenced but this has its own vibe and a great balance between those quiet parts and explosions

Anthony_Soprano and Carrow like this.
  15. -deleted-

-

Absolutely. Moon was really the only track I got those vibes from, and is the most obscure of the three for them. The other two tracks felt like textbook Seahaven with a facelift essentially. Kyle seems less forceful with his vocals and accent, and the writing is top notch. These guys truly write well together and I’m pumped they’re back cause I had started to assume they were done.

cut!print and congruence like this.
  16. congruence

Got a light?

Tony you are speaking the truth my man, it was Harbor I was getting the Balance vibes from... def agree the accent and vocals are different, for the best imo although I’ve gotten used to it on the old stuff

17. -deleted-

-

I’m glad you also like the new stuff, although B&C was not the band I was referring to lol.

18. journeyproud

Newbie Supporter

This is Seahaven in top form, love every song. There are obviously influential sounds, but they’ve always stuck out as a more ‘unique’ band for myself. There is just something about them that separates them.

19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Bait is so good it hurts.

20. congruence

Got a light?

These songs are such a major step forward the more I listen, the perfect quiet loud contrast and just overall matured sound

cut!print likes this.
  21. Yup this is good. So glad this band is back

mattav152 likes this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I am SUPER hyped for this.

mattav152 and OotyPa like this.
  23. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

On the 4th track, but yeah this is really good so far. Dandelion is killer.

24. congruence

Got a light?

Damn I was really vibing with the singles in the cold weather, didn't have much to do tonight so this is a pleasant surprise!

25. congruence

Got a light?

Smoked a bit too much after having a homemade edible so listening to this is for the first time is quite..enhanced and intense to say the least lol

beachdude, mattav152 and smowashere like this.