Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Seagulls - Thrown Voice (January 11, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OotyPa, Jan 12, 2019.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Great indie/emo record with nostalgic electronic vibes and lots of horns. Very diverse fantastic album- hope it catches on.

Matthew J Whittle likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

here for it, great record. fantastic production

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I get AGBPOL vibes on some of these songs. “Devoted” is an early fav.

4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Really into Like U Do, excited to check the rest of the record out.

Matthew J Whittle and teebs41 like this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

“Care for me like you do your phone” is such a subtle but hard-hitting line

Matthew J Whittle and teebs41 like this.
  6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Got it added. Gonna check this out soon.

7. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

had this in my bandcamp wishlist for a minute. was into the singles! will check it out this week.

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I've listened to the album a couple times this weekend--it's VERY replayable. I gotta check this out--they go more into the themes of the album and their writing/recording process.

9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This album is great. I've been listening to it at least once a day since Friday. Parts of it remind me of Hellogoodbye and Miniature Tigers and, as @teebs41 said, the production is fantastic.

Matthew J Whittle likes this.
  10. Elder Lightning

Cool, definitely want to check this out.

SGLLS and Matthew J Whittle like this.
  11. SGLLS

Hey guys, Matt from Seagulls here. Stoked to see you guys chatting about the album - thanks for spreading the word.

We're also putting out a remix EP in few weeks that kind of puts the tracks in more of a synthwave / chillwave space. Also, we expanded the interlude track "Super No Vacancy" into a full track with vocals featuring our friend A. Charles. Super excited to share it with everyone... I'll post it here once it's up. Here's the first remix (Like U Do), by synthwave artist Hello Meteor:

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Cool remix, looking forward to the EP. The new album seriously deserves all the attention and praise, man. It is :fire::fire::fire:

SGLLS and Matthew J Whittle like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Gotta check this out

14. SGLLS

Also wanted to post our video for If Only here:

Josh Coll, current video mastermind of Foxing and former bassist, gave us the following ringing endorsement:

"Honestly, I don’t enjoy shit ever.. so I was happily surprised."

15. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

This was a nice surprise, never heard of them before

16. Elder Lightning

Larry David and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Yeah, I was bummed when I checked their bandcamp and didn't see a vinyl pressing.

KidLightning likes this.
  18. Elder Lightning

I'd love a tri-color with the 3 colors from the album cover.

Nate_Johnson and Larry David like this.
  19. SGLLS Jan 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2019)
    SGLLS

I too would love a 3 color vinyl - I always kinda pictured one with the bars cutout on the cover and the colors on the back of the liner notes inside if that makes sense - unfortunately, it's currently not in the plans. If the CDs sell really well, then it may be possible in the future.

Until then, we've got the super premium Sega Genesis edition with bonus tracks, demos, and (basically a podcast) recording where Derek and I listen back to the first pieces of songs and reflect on them. I realize it's not vinyl and will stick out in everyone's sweet sweet record collections, but that's how you can support.

Thrown Voice Sega Genesis Cartridge from SEAGULLS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So everyone write your local record labels, congresspeople, and music blogs to request vinyl, pro-Seagulls legislation, and reviews.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The second half of Not Again really is a trip, huh?

Matthew J Whittle and SGLLS like this.
  21. Elder Lightning

This is still one of my favorite albums of the year and "If Only" is still up there with my favorite songs.

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It really is a great album. Recently got a haircut from the dude who played bass for this record, believe it or not. I was bummed when I heard Seagulls is more or less of a studio project than an active band, and that live shows are most likely never gonna happen. I’d really love to see these guys perform.

23. Matthew J Whittle

Hope it's cool that I bumped this thread. OotyPa - awesome you got a haircut from Nick. Great dude. He's actually one of like 5 bassists that played on the record, lol. It was a long time coming with a large group of people contributing.

Here's a lyric video we just posted for Timeline:

I'm not sure where youre located Ooty, but we're currently planning shows for November. We are more of a studio band, but we def get out there when we can. My wife and I just had our first baby in March so life has been a little crazy as you'd expect.

Once the November shows are confirmed, I'll post them in here.

lol that my username is my name on here rather than SGLLS this time. I guess I signed up twice when the album came out or something.

Thanks yall. Keep telling your friends about the best bird-themed band in the world.
    -Matt

OotyPa, KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  24. Matthew J Whittle Nov 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2019)
    Matthew J Whittle

2019 Shows with our friends SPIRIT HAUS
    11.20 DOYLESTOWN PA
    11.21 BROOKLYN NY (Baby's All Right)
    11.22 FREDERICK, MD (Cafe Nola)
    11.23 PHILADELPHIA, PA (Ruba Club)

Come say hi!

teebs41 likes this.
  25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter