Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scrubs TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Season 4 was always my least favorite of the "good" seasons.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Care to elaborate some examples? It's been a couple years since I've watched the show and can't really remember or differentiate between seasons

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The episode we watched this morning featured a gag where Carla asks Turk if he's ever been desperate for sex and there's a flashback of him being crushed into a mattress by an overweight woman. Then a few scenes later a patient says he was having a dream about being stood on by his ex wife "and not the hot one. The fat one who had all my kids". Both of those were very uncomfortable to watch with someone who works in eating disorder treatment and who also struggles with body image issues

The whole season so far (I'm halfway through) is weird with it's treatment of women, with JD basically hooking up with one guest star after another and not really doing much else.

I also really didn't like how in the season 3 finale he convinces Elliot to break up with Sean and then immediately decides he doesn't want her. Then a few episodes into season 4 he says neither of them have any romantic feelings left for each other, which is just a weird detour in their relationship given where the show ends up

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

Dang yeah good point on all of those things. Unfortunately this show definitely has some problematic stuff from the era it came from :-/. The homophobic jokes in that and Community have been a bit jarring on rewatches.

And yess omfg I hated that JD immediately didn't want to be with Elliot again. What a dumb decision.

5. ChaseTx

I remembered from my last rewatch that there were a lot of sexist and homophobic jokes but through the first few seasons nothing bothered me *too* much. It really seems like it's a lot worse in 4

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Season 5 is still my favorite season I think. I feel like that season had the most emotional weight to it.

7. This podcast is honestly becoming the highlight of my week. I could never get tired of listening to these guys.

8. Greg Apr 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2020)
    Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Obviously the pod is only on episode 3, but those kind of jokes were actually briefly mentioned in today’s pod. Mostly that a lot of what they did wouldn’t be allowed on prime time tv no and they hoped that they are now older and learned more and wouldn’t have done as much of they made it now.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Getting another episode tomorrow! Really love hearing these.

10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I have podcast for everyday of the week except the weekend. I will however keep a few from the week for the weekend that way I can listen everyday. A bunch of podcast I listen to drop on Monday’s and Wednesday’s so I’ll save one or two of those.

11. :(((((((((

12. RyanPm40

Omg no :( this hurts a lot and so unexpected. Loved Ted.

He apparently had an inoperable form of brain cancer

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

So sad.

14. Fuck it all to hell

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Oh my god what the fucking hell ugh

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

Oh no ☹️

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

This is so incredibly sad :(

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

This breaks my heart. I will never watch his line reading at the end of this scene and not laugh.

ChaseTx and dylan like this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2020-5-2_1-26-39.jpeg

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

So upsetting. He was so great.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

really fucking sad man. he was great. i'll miss him

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. RyanPm40

I wonder if Ken Jenkins was originally supposed to leave the show, so they gave Kelso this retirement arc, but then he changed his mind so the writers were all just like "uhh fuck... I guess we can just have him show up in the coffee shop every day like a sad old man"

SpyKi likes this.
  24. I think they just kept thinking they were gonna get cancelled lol

JoshIsMediocre and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I had no idea he was Christopher Lloyd's nephew