Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scream Queens (Fox) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by NewSurrender, Mar 31, 2016.

1. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

season two comes out later this year with the entire cast returning minus Grace and her dad

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Good show. I'll miss Grace though.

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Not too bent up about Grace being gone, felt pretty neutral towards her

Really hope the second season is as good as the first

4. lordjedediah

N00b3

I have no problem with the cast returning but I'm not too excited that they are playing the same characters. They were all incredibly annoying by the end of the first season.

5. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Finally watching S1. Wow, this is actually kind of great. Just the right amount of self-awareness. Chad Radland is hilarious, so are Niecy and Nasim. Sorta no real care about any of the pledges/sisters, at least at this point (they need to find a way to make both Grace and Zayday equally central characters, in my opinion, but granted, I'm only on ep. 3); the supporting cast acts circles around them.

Vivatoto and ChaseTx like this.
  6. Cody Jun 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2016)
    Cody

Also, font aside, this is like an identical title card to Vampire Diaries, and now that I'm thinking about it more, I'm also quite charmed by Emma Roberts' performance.

EDIT: Nevermind, Lea Michele is a treasure too. Each subsequent episode of this is making everyone shine more.

7. Cody

Chanel: "It is so sad about Boone. Like, are you okay? How are you feeling?"
    Chad: "Uh, I don't know. How do you think I'm feeling Chanel? My best friend in the world, who used to compliment me all the time, was murdered. So newsflash, I'm super sad."
    Chanel: "I wanna be the one who tells you how awesome you are all the time."
    Chad: "Well, you had your chance, Chanel, and you ruined it, when you started freaking out when I said I want to have sex with your corpse."
    Chanel: "I know, and I am so sorry."

Seriously, I can't even with these two.

8. Cody

I really, really love this show. Haha. It's so stupid, but so entertaining, and every character has come into their own. That being said, the idiotic brilliance of Chad is untouchable.

"But maybe I only wanna bone one girl, but of course I didn't think that girl was you, because there's so much wrong with you. But then I think about the good things about you, like how gullible you are and how rich your dad is, and when I think about that girl, the really rich one who's easy to trick, I think she's pretty special too."

9. marceting

Trusted

What is this show about?

10. Cody

The first season takes place at the fictional Wallace University. One of the sororities, Kappa Kappa Tau, becomes plagued by a serial killer, who uses the university's Red Devil mascot as a disguise.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It's probably my favorite show of last year

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. marceting

Trusted

So, is this in the vain of Scream? Or is it a comedy?

13. Cody

Definitely a horror comedy. Tough to pin down. It's got elements of horror, teen melodrama and comedy. But it knows where it exists in the realm of modern tv, so it's never a nuisance to watch. All the things that would normally annoy me about a show like this have been pretty successfully subverted. Imagine the tone Glee had when it really fucking knew how to parody that world it was portraying early on in its run, only now it's a slasher show set at a sorority.

marceting likes this.
  14. marceting

Trusted

I'm in. Need to find Season 1 somewhere

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wtf no more Grace?!?!?!?!

16. ChaseTx

Grace was pretty boring. I was hoping she would end up being the killer and Zayday the final girl, haha

17. irthesteve

Yeah you're mostly right. I just liked having her be the one normal person that you could kind of catch a break from when the rest got to overwhelmingly ridiculous

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. Cody

Oh boy, I gotta stop popping in here until I finish the season I think. Don't wanna spoil anything for myself, especially with something like this where people constantly die.

19. Cody

Alright, come on, I'm halfway through 108 and honestly this show should really just be called "Take Their Fuckin' Masks Off!" I know that's what I am constantly yelling at the screen, haha

20. irthesteve

uh YEAH, it's ridiculous honestly haha

21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so glad you like it, one of the most underrated comedies of the last few years. On AP I'm pretty sure I said it was as if there was a slasher in the tone of Mean Girls on Adult Swim and I stand by that shit haha

Cody Nelson likes this.
  22. Cody

haha, okay, i can totally get behind that description. Yeah, I'm not surprised at all that I love it as much as I do, but I definitely just am caught off guard that it turned out not a complete pile of garbage.

I will say, though, I'm a bit worried the big reveal/ending/whatever will be disappointing. So many plots and characters and suspicions are constantly interweaving and I have no clue how anything, let alone everything, can be tied up even somewhat plausibly, haha.

23. Cody

Diego Boneta is both uncharismatic and a really bad actor. I don't think I"ve ever liked him in anything

Henry likes this.
  24. ChaseTx

He was pretty forgettable. Didn't have any problem with his performance here and haven't seen him in anything else

I did like his McConaughey impersonation though

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I didn't like him or Grace. The only two glaring weakspots in the cast for me.

ChaseTx likes this.