Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scott Sellers Releases New Acoustic Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Picked this up the other day. It's been really fun to listen to some of these songs again. He didn't just phone in some acoustic performances either. These all have rhythm and lead and some even have some strings in them.

3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The first time I listened to this, I hit play without looking at the tracklist and then let it play through until the end. It was like a rush of nostalgia every time a new song started. So good.

4. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I don't know many people who crank out the type of music this guy does and the overall quality is always great too.

slimfenix182 and surgerone like this.
  5. palebluedot

I love many of these songs, so this is fun to listen to.

But for some reason, I always find his “sonic decisions” (can they be called that?) a bit odd. Those synth strings and exaggerate vocal pitch correction are difficult to bear

6. gbuffers

England.

Rufio are one of the most underrated bands in my opinion. Enjoyed these and would love to hear more from MCMLXXXV.

Coincedentally - how much longer do I have to wait for someone to press MCMLXXXV to vinyl!?

7. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I'd be stoked with a remaster of that one. I listened to it yesterday and it sounds a bit muddy and his voice is so low in the mix.

8. PDPOUTCAST

All of his output since Rufio disbanded has been incredible. This release is perfection.