Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scott Hutchinson of Frightened Rabbit Passes Away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Scott Hutchinson of Frightened Rabbit has passed away. He was 36. The band has issued the following statement:

There are no words to describe the overwhelming sadness and pain that comes with the death of our beloved Scott but to know he is no longer suffering brings us some comfort. Reading messages of support and hope from those he has helped through his art has helped immensely and we encourage you to continue doing this. He will be missed by all of us and his absence will always be felt but he leaves a legacy of hope, kindness and colour that will forever be remembered and shared. Rest peacefully Scott.

If you or someone you know is looking for help, please call and/or share these numbers:

• Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
    • Suicide Prevention: 800-273-8255
    • Domestic Violence: 800-799-7233
    • Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741

2. The Format

Regular

:verysad::verysad:

3. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

So sad.

4. Iain

Regular

Devasted by this.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Truly awful

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RIP

7. Heartbroken. RIP.

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Not the outcome we all were hoping for. Been spinning their discog all morning. He’ll be greatly missed.

9. NitrateDawn

Regular

A song by them just came up on shuffle and it somehow made it even sadder. This is terrible. RIP

10. he was such a great singer. this is the worst.

11. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

:verysad:

12. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Man, I Wish I Was Sober is one of my favorite songs ever

13. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

My heart is crushed but I'll find solace in his words for the rest of my life.

When it's all gone
    Something carries on
    And it's not morbid at all
    Just when nature's had enough of you

When my blood stops
    Someone else's will have not
    When my head rolls off
    Someone else's will turn
    And while I'm alive
    I'll make tiny changes to earth

14. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

So young, really sad things went this way. Wish he could have gotten the help he needed.

15. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

The prophecy he created with Floating In The Forth is heartbreaking. I wonder how often that song and thought continued to haunt him.

It seems Kevin Devine confirmed that the next Devinyl split was meant to be with Scott/Frightened Rabbit after Petal got delayed. I wonder if they will release it posthumously. I wonder if Scott considered that thought beforehand.

I wish the best for his friends and family.

16. CMilliken

Trusted

Dead Now just gives me chills.

17. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

This is the first time I ever cried over losing an artist! I haven't posted in about a year but this is hitting me hard Pedestrian Verse was my #1 album that year, Scotts been the singer of many of my fantasy supergroups & his music has helped me through a lot of rough times. I can't believe this. I'm devastated...