Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Science Fiction (Encore Episode 152) Podcast • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 24, 2017.

1. efp722

Regular

Another great episode!

The beginning of No Control, before the full band kicks in, reminds me so much of The Eels. Am I crazy?

Also, wasn't expecting TJ Miller either.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

had fun listening to this one. agree pretty much with what both of you said. what an album, what a band.

3. roju_7

Drew, are you psychic?
    On the Manchester podcast you said Brand New would end their album with a 4 minute musical outro and on this one you said the only thing that will get people to stop talking about BN is Taylor Swift releasing a new song. What gives, man!?

youwontknow and Turkeylegz like this.
  4. SHNDVR

"Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no..."

Thanks, Jason and Drew, for this one. Excellent break down of the entire album. Still curious - has anyone considered that this whole 'finished in 2018' thing is just hype?

Could BN be playing up the "We're gonna stay 18 forever" thing? If they're "dead" in 2018, they stay 18 forever.

5. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I think they call it quits. As much as this new album and reception to it probably reinvigorated them, they seem fatigued. I think Jesse and crew are looking to spend time with their families and relax.