Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Schitt’s Creek (Pop) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Well I probably haven't seen as many comedies like these as many other people on these site, but I've never seen anything else that made me laugh as hard and as reliably as New Girl

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wow

3. RyanPm40 Nov 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 23, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'd say that Schitt's Creek is far more well-written than New Girl, which often relies on cringey stereotypes, and Jess's character only regresses as the show goes on. That being said, New Girl did probably give me a higher number of "laugh out loud" moments. But there has never been a single episode of that show that made me start to tear up like this one.

I'd say my favorite comedies are Always Sunny, Ted Lasso, Schitt's Creek, B99, P&R, The Office, and Community, but it's hard to rank them. I think Sunny, Lasso, and S.C. make sense for my top 3, though.

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Top 3: Nathan For You, It’s Always Sunny, Bojack Horseman

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

Damn, forgot about NFY. That complicates things more for me lol. Party Down, too, as short-lived as it was

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Have you seen I Think You Should Leave? Cause that’s my runner up haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

I haven't yet, but have totally been meaning to! Thanks for the reminder, I know I've seen people say a lot of good things in the Netflix thread. I need to check out Veep, too, my sister was telling me I'd love it

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Simpsons, Sunny, NFY

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Six episodes, 20 minutes each. Get on it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. The Office, Seinfeld, Bob’s Burgers, and Schitt’s Creek are shows I can put on at anytime and be perfectly content. Ted Lasso is an easy runner up.

Brent and JRGComedy like this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Curb Your Enthusiasm!

riotspray likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

You're The Worst is probably my most re-watched show. So easy to throw on an episode and end up watching 6 in a row

13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The original run of Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, Seinfeld, Nathan For You, An Idiot Abroad.

riotspray likes this.
  14. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Wow, just finished season 5 and Stevie's performance of Maybe This Time made me cry. That was amazing.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just found out Dan was one of the hosts on Canadian Baking Show. He's such a delight. You can watch it on Daily Motion if you are into that kinda thing.

RyanPm40 and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. RyanPm40

marissalg likes this.
  17. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Finished. When I started the show, I was watching it slowly, but by season 3, I really loved the characters and kept watching more consistently. For the final episode, I thought to myself, they have to reference a Mariah Carey song during the wedding or I will be disappointed, and they didn't let me down.

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

We finished this over the weekend. Truly a great great show. David is one of the best characters ever.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I was listening to a rugby podcast from the UK, and while listening to one of the Scottish hosts talk (all pretty manly dudes), he mentioned being at home with his kids during their recent lockdown and watching "Schitt's Creek" and loving it, hahaha

20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

My wife made this shirt for me for Christmas because she knows me.
    976F7E6B-C0BC-4E6D-8DB9-1FFF7BA17355.jpeg

JRGComedy, Zilla, I Am Mick and 4 others like this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just watched this entire show in 6 days (one season a day lol). I will admit for the first half I liked it but didn't love it, I didn't actually laugh much even though I enjoyed the characters from the start, but once it hits the second half the show is just hilarious and so incredibly heartfelt. I didn't realize how many wholesome moments this was going to have, it really reminded me of Parks & Rec with how much everyone in the show genuinely cared for each other by the end.

Cast is amazing too, Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are obviously legends and they don't disappoint here at all, and Dan Levy and especially Annie Murphy are fucking revelations, I really hope both of them have amazing careers from here. After never seeing Murphy in anything before this I was surprised that Alexis honestly may have been my favorite character, which is pretty impressive for a relatively unknown actress playing against comedy icons

Really glad I finally got around to this, I can definitely tell it will be super rewatchable too

22. marissalg

Trusted

wow Dan and phoebe what a beautiful combo

23. Sooo stoked for both of them. Wow!

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yesssssss

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I usually think it's corny when the host gets the cast members from their project to do cameos but this would be a strong exception, especially if they can get Eugene and Catherine to do a sketch or two

riotspray and bradsonemanband like this.