Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (André Øvredal; August 9, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 4, 2019.

1. 333 GANG

Trusted

Same for me, and same reason I loved both of the silly Goosebumps movies.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The first Goosebumps movie was actually pretty entertaining. I thought the second was made-for-TV garbage that totally went away from what made the first one fun.

I'm excited for this movie.

michael_gatto likes this.
  3. arewehavingfunyet

Regular

The cover of this book gave me nightmares, I wish Hulu would stop showing me trailers for this lol. I'm a big wuss who has to read Wikipedia synopses of horror movies. I did recently watch Scream 4 though, proud of myself for that one.

333 GANG likes this.
  4. 333 GANG

Trusted

Loved Scream 4, so much fun.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Prestigious

Yeah Scream 4 may actually be my favorite or the franchise.

arewehavingfunyet and 333 GANG like this.
  6. Love Scream 4

arewehavingfunyet and 333 GANG like this.
  7. flask

Trusted

Reading a lot of good impressions on reddit/twitter. Sounds like fantastic “entry level” horror so to speak.

8. michael_gatto

Regular

Just got out of the theater, it's fun for what it is, which is definitely "entry level" horror like everyone is saying. Little slow at times, little cheesy, but definitely enjoyable.

Zilla likes this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted

Yeah, the cast really sells it, especially Zoe Colletti. They got a good group of kids for this. It gets a little too goofy in the final act and kind of just ends with a thud and promise of a sequel. It’s fine and better than I expected. It’s probably one of the more graphic PG-13 movies I’ve seen. Surprised it didn’t get slapped with an R.

10. estebanwaseaten

Regular

It was definitely fun and I'll just echo what everyone else has already said. Didn't love it like I hoped I would, but I also think I was hoping for the same emotion evoked from the first time I read those stories when I was younger and that was probably unfair haha. Will certainly come back to this one seasonally during Halloween!

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I was shocked at how creepy it actually was for a PG-13. The red room stuff was actually pretty compelling.

Zilla likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted

It was good. Seemed like a really long goosebumps episode.

13. xapplexpiex

the past is a grotesque animal Supporter

I really enjoyed this. I didn’t read the books growing up, so I didn't know what to expect. I kinda got Final Destination vibes haha.

Zilla likes this.
  14. Aaron Mook

Crooner Moderator

Yeah, this was a blast

15. flask

Trusted

The creature effects were *chefs kiss*
    Everything else was fine.

16. currytheword

Trusted

Did they or didn't they incorporate the story where the husband is dead and is wandering around wondering why he can't speak to anyone, and then eventually calls his home to speak to a housemaid or someone that tells him his wife can't come to the phone because she's grieving her deceased husband?

17. Aaron Mook

Crooner Moderator

They did not

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.