Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scary Kids Scaring Kids - Scary Kids Scaring Kids Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Mar 10, 2017.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

SKSK is now less of a band and more of a feeling, if you will.

2. Dog Fish

Mutt

Kinda like a screamo bon iver. More of a community thing ha

3. Never been huge on this band but this song is stuck in my head.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new song is actually pretty good

beachdude likes this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Second single from the new album out tonight, “Nightmare” featuring Spencer Charnas from Ice Nine Kills. This one REALLY surprised me… I’m a very VERY casual Ice Nine Kills listener and their stuff is too corny for me a lot of the time. But… this song kinda rules?? Super catchy.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I don’t like Ice Nine Kills at all so I wish they had a different singer but musically this is pretty chill. Definitely prefer Burn It All Down much more.

I can appreciate the creativity out of having different singers for each track but I really wish they could have had Cove sing for the entire album. I know he’s busy with Dead American (New Nostalgia is pretty incredible - go check it out y’all) but if they were gonna have other singers like Kurt tour anyway - I think they could have had him record the whole thing.

beachdude likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Don't care for Ice Nine Kills but in no world would I want a whole Cove album

8. SFguitar

Regular

Aren't you also the guy that said Saosin's S/T is bad? lol

9. irthesteve

if by "that guy" you mean one of the many people who don't like it, yes very much so

10. SFguitar

Regular

I mean It's one of the most respected albums in the scene... If you don't like Cove that's cool though

11. irthesteve

No it's not.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This doesn’t mean anything.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. I for one love both Cove albums with Saosin, so I think we can just say opinions are divided on the debut and be good with that

Contender likes this.
  14. So... I just got suggested the music video for the Spencer song and I realized the album actually came out earlier this year. No one talked about it here though, how was it?

(I didn't like the aforementioned song at all by the way, so my expectations are low)

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

it sucked

16. irthesteve

It already came out???

17. Yeah it wasn't very good. I was never a huge fan of them anyways but I only liked one or two songs, really.

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I thought it was pretty solid and has some standouts (but ultimately pretty paint by numbers post-Hx) but got lost in the shuffle of other releases. I’m glad the vid came out as a reminder to re-listen.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I actually really liked this song (Bad Omens) and there’s a few bangers off their record (Nightmare, Knock It All Down, Black Hole, New Morning) but it’s very much a mixed bag.

20. The Emologist

Crusted

I don’t understand the massive digression between “Loved Forever” and this new material. LF harnessed SKSKs vibe so well, but this new stuff is absolutely soulless to me.

SFguitar likes this.
  21. irthesteve

have to agree that the new album is not very good