Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scary Kids Scaring Kids – “Loved Forever”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

All Systems Goku likes this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

That was really sweet

K0ta likes this.
  3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Damn that's lovely. Such a shame to have lost Ty so early. SKSK were huge for me growing up.

billyboatman and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

"And while the city sleeps in flames / I’m still laying wide awake / And even through my darkest hour / Your blood runs forever."

5. K0ta

Damn :verysad:

All Systems Goku and Oskarr like this.
  6. All Systems Goku

Oh my god. I got so amped to see this pop up but then I found out the original vocalist died and got really sad. It’s good to see bands continues in this way like WCAR

7. Snowisfun

Newbie Supporter

:verysad:

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is very good

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Band was always underrated. Song is great too, cool to see.

K0ta likes this.
  10. Colby Searcy

Wonder who sings on this? Pouyan?

Edit: Maybe it was Chad

11. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Man I miss SkSk. I remember making my first thread ever back on AP.net and getting flamed so hard that I liked them and how shitty of a band people thought they were. Oh the memories.

never missed a show when they were in town. Which was a lot.

ChaseTx and K0ta like this.
  12. ARo24

Regular

Such a great band. Cool of them to do this I liked it.

13. atlastitsok

Regular

That’s a name I haven’t heard since science class at Highland. Does he still even make music?

wish these guys the best

14. Colby Searcy

Hopefully have no clue. It seems like they all just kinda disappeared after SKSK broke up

15. Crisp X Oct 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2019)
    Didn't they have a third album recorded but they broke up before releasing it? I wonder if it'll ever see the light of day

billyboatman and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Spenny

Regular

Yes it is Chad.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. K0ta

Not only were they not a shitty band, I also remember having a shit ton of fun at their shows. I can't remember who it was, but I saw them live with RJA once and one of the members got on this very tall amp and dove into the crowd. That show was insane.

Something AP never understood was not liking a type of music = / = the music not being good lol.

18. Colby Searcy

All the guys in Scary Kids went nuts live every time I saw them

billyboatman, disambigujason and K0ta like this.
  19. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Tyson’s vocals were so distinctive it’s hard to match up, but obviously this song is a tribute to the man and not trying to be a replacement. It’s clear this band had and has a lot of fans, of course a comeback would be out of this world but if this is a one-off it’s a hell of a way to say thanks for the memories.

Remains one of my favorite bands of “the scene” to this day.

billyboatman likes this.
  20. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Definitely, and probably Pouyan most of all - guess that's the benefit of playing the keys and having some songs with less to do than others.

Colby Searcy and billyboatman like this.
  21. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I was at that show. Pouyan climbed the rafters at launch pad and dropped and fell directly on my friend who was a girl. That show was insane.

K0ta likes this.
  22. SFguitar

Regular

Does anyone else think it's strange that this band broke up at their peak? At least it seemed like it

23. KyleK

Was it though? Admittedly the S/T album fell flat for me, so I probably wasn't paying as close attention after '07, but I think a lot of the screamo bands of their era were in a weird place of the scene by 2010, and add in what challenges I imagine they faced given what we now know of the future of Tyson, it didn't surprise me then or in hindsight. But I may be completely off-base regarding their popularity at the time.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. KyleK

Also, unrelated, but how come the S/T album isn't on Spotify? It was even released on the same label as TCSIF, which is there.

25. K0ta

It is!