Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scarlett Johansson is 2016’s Top-Grossing Actor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Scarlett Johansson was 2016’s top grossing actor. From MTV:

Of course, the actors who ranked among the Top 10 highest-grossing stars of 2016 weren’t necessarily the highest paid: Johansson didn’t even rank among the highest-paid actors, a list topped by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Jackie Chan, and Matt Damon. In fact, only two women made that list: Jennifer Lawrence and Melissa McCarthy.

2. Davjs

Trusted

What has Jackie Chan done lately to get him so high on the list? All the others mentioned make sense.

3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Dude is still absolutely killing it in China, which has become a superpower in terms of box office revenue these past few years. Also, Kung Fu Panda 3 haha.

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I love her. Talking to Andrew McMahon after a show, he said she was on tour w/ Something Corporate and Steel Train back in 2002, when she was Antonoff's gf. She was "just some girl taking pictures." And then next year she exploded with "Lost in Translation".

5. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

natefoundglory and Davjs like this.
  6. takingback1738

shes so hot

7. Davjs

Trusted

oh cool, didn't know that. And I forgot about Kung Fu Panda 3! Even though the Furious 5 still had more screen time I'm this one, they are still under used

And for the 2nd time, your avatar is amazing.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  8. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

hahaha thanks, man!

9. transrebel59

Regular

His star power in China is hard to even comprehend. I don't know if there is any celebrity in America that would compare to him in China. It's above A-list status.

Davjs likes this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

Of course you still need to sell a lot of tickets. But usually this honour seems to be which actor can slide into the most blockbusters in a calendar year. Which Dwayne would always seem to be about 3.
    I bet Sam Jackson prob did well over the last 20yrs
    But congrats to Scarlett. All the ones she was in popping into my head were fantastic and so was she. Jungle Book was one of my fave movies of this year

Davjs likes this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Good for her... So, does that mean a Black Widow movie is finally going to happen? It's allegedly a "top priority" for Marvel; can it please be even more of one? Like, ASAP?

Maybe a successful Ghost in the Shell release will help... though I also don't want that racially problematic mess to end up successful, tbh.