Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything Band • Page 59

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Disliking the music is one thing, but I don't think speculating about someone's physical health or familial relationships -- something we have virtually no knowledge of -- is a good thing to do here. I can only imagine what reading something like this from a stranger would do to my mental health.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

^
    Absolutely

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I am disappointed in Max.

4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

My friend made this song and I think folks would like it. He's definitely got Say Anything as an influence.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This is pretty rad

Matt Chylak likes this.
  6. sukottokairu

Regular

that acoustic release sounded mostly like a one take, get it over with kind of thing. could have been a lot better if some effort was put into it. but it's not unlistenable or anything.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's just such a sad attempt for something people paid for and waited a year for

sukottokairu and slowheart like this.
  8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

The fact that he gets away with what he has been doing in recent years is beyond me. Insane what you can do when you have such a loyal fanbase.

9. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I love the Woah Boy song. I usually hate when people post RIYL songs in thread but... tell your friend to get more music out!

10. schackbr

Regular

Didn't this already exist as something called "Secret Origins" or something like that?

I have it on my iTunes, and it is a 1,000 times better than this.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah there was for sure a ep of the acoustic version when the album came out. I don’t think it was every song though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

those were the original demos whereas these are new acoustic demos, but essentially yeah

13. GBlades

Trusted

I have never hated a Say Anything album, sure I've thought that Max needed to up his game after the sheer musicality of IARB and IDOTG but I did never did dislike anything. Hell, I spun OA more times than most people combined but the output for anything other than an official Say Anything album is hellish. He tried the lo-fi thing with Painful Splits and it was fine for maybe the 1 or 2 records then it grew stale. The Song Shop was a brilliant idea and I even bought one myself and, although a little on the fence about the outcome, was so happy that I got something from one of my favourite artists.

Even his comic books were brilliant, in my opinion. To me he had embraced his creative side and was on the up. Then the breakup came, and the story of OA, and even the failed Kickstarter promises and now this. An acoustic performance of an album that already has demos that sound so much richer.

I don't know how much more I can take. I've always loved listening to Max and eagerly awaiting a new album but the output and sheer portrayal of how things are handled is making it so much harder.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  14. DrawYourMind Jun 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2020)
    DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Personally, first three albums are really good an I return to them a lot.

Anarchy/Hebrews/IDTI----no thanks. Maybe a song here and there.

OA is cool, though.

RileyWitiw likes this.
  15. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I think the last thing they have left to do on the Kickstarter for what I backed is the in defense acoustic. I only really cared about the 2nd perma record when I backed it though which I was disappointed in but at least some people liked that.

16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

There was an acoustic cover of a SA album by Sherry. Did that happen?

17. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

No your right I looked at the messages that didn't happen yet. Also noticed all of the drop boxes are empty besides the newest one so if anyone wants it download it.

18. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I got a vocal feature from Max and it took forever to get in, but he did a great job and sent a really nice note. Idk, he's overwhelmed and maybe bit off more than he could chew with the Kickstarter, but I think he definitely wants to do right by people.

Dan O'Neill and Fletchaaa like this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hot take but the only three SA records I still listen to is IARB, IDOTG, and I Don’t Think It Is. :eyes:

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Not hot just bad.

21. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

He should know better by now, he’s been doing stuff like the song shop for years that requires him to set and meet his own music-making goals on a schedule. I don’t think people who paid him money over a year ago, only to just now start receiving shitty versions of what they paid for, need to cut him any slack. This thing has been a mess since it started. Didn’t he try to sell drawings by his kids via this Kickstarter, too? I can’t imagine spending any more money on his music regardless, but absolutely no way would I spend a dime on anything of his that has yet to be created.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t even listened to the acoustic thing cus it does not sound worth the hassle of dealing with downloading them and whatever.

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Oh, you can just click on them and listen to them without having to download them

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ya but then I have to like keep clicking and stuff idk I listened to Fed to Death and the next song didn't start so I just gave up lol

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Do people like Anarchy, My Dear yet?

Dan O'Neill and The Pierogi like this.