Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything Band • Page 58

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

chewbacca110 and Cameron like this.
  2. WasEmoRocknowImjustold Jun 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2020)
    WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I so so so so want to be positive about my late teen early twenty something favorite band but acoustic album sucks. Horrible reverb, lazy vocals, songs without their feeling. He's right, I could do better.

Edit: I love the original album too.

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

wow. just listened to less cute and even his phrasing/timing is horrible on it

4. J.love

Regular

He's not even trying anymore??

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to this bad in forever.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't know how he thought this vocal quality was acceptable for release, it would literally sound better just recording it all live straight into garageband on a macbook microphone

7. GBlades

Trusted

Oh no...

8. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I really like that S/T album. This is such a lazy attempt at acoustic versions. Can't say the home studio was worth it if this is what came out of it. Has anything else come out of the kickstarter?

Edit: Looks like this is the first thing that's been released. These digital rewards were due back in May 2019 and the kickstarter began on Sep 2018. Just browsing the posts and comments this did not go well. I can't help but thinking I would feel burned as a fan that paid for this back in Sep 2018.

9. That’s fucking terrible btw

10. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Not the first thing they released but yeah can't say I'll ever listen to any of these lol

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

seeing where Max/SA ended up makes me super appreciative of bands/peers of the same era like The Starting Line and Northstar who haven't just shit away the goodwill I used to have towards them.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

aside from the music sounding like shit...

one song is missing
    2 songs are mis-titled
    none of the files are tagged, so it looks like shit when you import them anywhere
    no album art

it's all just messy

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fucking Max.....

14. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Cemetery isn't too bad, but you can't really screw that one up.

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

...is a real boy will always mean a lot to me and I’ve mainly liked all of SA’s output, but I can’t listen to this. I tried listening to “Do Better” and had to stop. Wasn’t the first track called “Fed To Death” and not “This Is Forever”? I’m pretty sure This Is Forever was the original title of the album, but that’s it.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah lol he didn’t even bother remembering that

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Unless the fan who put them in the Dropbox renamed it for whatever reason

18. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I did give this one a quick play for about a minute and it’s just so much slower. I prefer the acoustic demo version. This version sounds like he was trying not to disturb neighbors or wake his children.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm nearly certain that the dropbox is the original dropbox folder,I don't think anyone would have gone in to randomly re-name that song. Also Ahhh... Men is titled wrong as well

Cameron likes this.
  20. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

It's uploaded by the person posting on their kickstarter so looks like the original upload.

Cameron likes this.
  21. snaps

Regular Supporter

Wow he didn’t even bother to fix mess ups on guitar parts. This is sad.

22. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I remember in 2009 when Say Anything came out, they were starting to tighten up their poppier sound, they had this clean cut aesthetic going on, good musicians kept joining the band, they had such a good trajectory

There have been moments on all of the albums since that perfectly scratched the Say Anything itch ("Overbiter", "Rum" and "Pink Snot" in particular - its probably not great that I can remember the few specifically), but its been about a decade of mediocrity and I could not care less about shitty acoustic demos. Last time I saw Max on camera he looked unhealthy, hunched over, twitchy, overweight, pale, and as much hate as he gets it honestly worried me a bit. Max I know you read the boards sometimes - your family needs you more than any scene does, so forget about the half assed music for awhile and just take care of yourself

23. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it could have been very different if they didn't get dropped from their label after the self titled album. Given I like most of the stuff after it but I am curious how that changed things.

24. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Max sounded great on the acoustic tour. These are just not good recordings

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah the IDOTG anniversary show was one of the best sets I’ve ever seen. Dudes had so much energy, and Max sounded great

chewbacca110 likes this.