Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, I'm actually not so keen on that one, but this probably isn't true anyway.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am so, so, so, so ready for new Say Anything. The In Defense shows and their Riot Fest appearance last year were unbelievable and made me feel reinvigorated on a band that I already love.

Aaron Mook and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  3. ihaveblink

Regular

I really like Warning, so good?

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

So we should expect the album to sound different for Say Anything like Warning, or literally like Warning? Hmm either way I can't wait.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Same. My In Defense show may have been the most fun I’ve had at a show in a while

Aaron Mook and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. ihaveblink

Regular

Basically it means Max will rip off The Kinks, The Beatles, and The Doors on this album.

7. chewbacca110

I take it you listen to the Your Band Sucks podcast?

8. ihaveblink

Regular

I haven't? Sounds interesting.

9. chewbacca110

It's hit or miss, but they did a Green Day episode where they play a clip of GD and then the song they ripped off. They mention the same bands you did.

10. ihaveblink

Regular

Well as a sorta-big fan of them, I retroactively realized they borrowed some riffs here and there. An obvious one would be St. Jimmy and Boxcar, or Brainstew and 25 or 6 to 4. I'll check it out.

11. chewbacca110

"Misery" (speaking of Warning) and The Doors' "Backdoor Man".

12. Kuri44

This thread made me listen to In Reverie, Warning, and Anarchy My Dear back to back and wow, what a great couple hours of music

13. In Reverie is also the best Saves the Day album imho

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Saves The Day was my first really big favorite band that I started following all the time for updates and stuff. I think I'd put Through Being Cool and Sound The Alarm at the top.

15. Kuri44

TBC, SWYA, and In reverie are my top 3 always, but my ranking of them occasionally changes

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Who else was massively disappointed with Two Tongues Two?

17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Honestly, I hate to sound this way, but I love something different about each STD album. I think UtB, Daybreak, and In Reverie have most of my favorite songs, but they’re all good. I miss them and hope we get one more album from them.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. Kuri44

I only liked about 2, maybe 3 songs. But i was kind of expecting that cause i only like 2 (maybe 3) songs from the first album as well.

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

They need at least one more album because their self titled felt like a breath of fresh air for the band, but Chris' lyrics have gotten pretty stale.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

this is true

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just hate how they forced that production style on the second album. It didn't do the songs justice.

Kuri44 likes this.
  22. Kuri44

@Vase Full Of Rocks For sure, i really don’t know what they were thinking. Sounds like crap, I feel bad for those who got the vinyl

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

@Kuri44 It was a little jarring on first listen. I wasn't expecting rejected songs from I Don't Think It Is.

24. Daybreak and SWYA would round out my top three for Saves the Day. I've always felt Daybreak was the best of the trilogy (I enjoy those albums) and close to being their best work. In fact, I think "Undress Me" might be my favorite song of theirs

Also Two Tongues Two is a strange one that suffers from a few rough cuts and its mix, but all in all I think it's an interesting and cool record

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Undress Me has some of the greatest emotional impact from the band as well as Chris' best vocals in my opinion. I think the song Daybreak is a top 10 song from them for me as well, but the rest of the album is hit and miss for me.

I think I'd like Under The Boards more if it didn't have Stay and Woe.

SaveTheEarth and Aaron Mook like this.