Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything Band • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah, that's what I'm assuming.

2. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Yea, so he probably just drop the album now and drop another album when he's ready because the only thing better than one Say Anything album is two Say Anything albums.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I've been branching out to a lot of other music lately and haven't listened to as much Max but a girl I was about to propose to is leaving me and the band is really helping. We saw Say Anything live almost ten times, it'd have to be. It hurts to think about but I'm so grateful for it.

Dan O'Neill and Kuri44 like this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that man. I hope things work out to you. Agreed that this band can be immensely comforting in tough times. I'm glad they're helping you out

5. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Thanks, dude. I'll work it out, somehow. Life finds a way and all that jazz. I just never thought I'd have a post-break-up SA binge at this age, haha.

Dan O'Neill and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea it sucks but it's good you have a (all things considered) positive attitude about it. You got this! And I think it makes sense to go back to old sources of comfort in these situations. That connection you form with bands young in your life is honestly hard to beat.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  7. Iain

Regular

Given his new baby etc, didnt expect them to be announced for Slam Dunk in the UK in May. Super pumped for it.

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Been listening to ...Is A Real Boy lately (which is the only SA album I know well) in preparation for Slam Dunk.

Every Man Needs A Molly is great and Spidersong is waaaay better than I remember.

Dan O'Neill and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

IARB is my favourite album ever. It holds up so well and the songs are absolutely fantastic. There are always parts that I miss even after all this time and it's fantastic. Molly and Spidersong are fantastic though. Chia Like is my jam!

We need another album LIKE this. I've enjoyed all SA albums but I think we can all agree that IARB is just perfection.

11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Bet it doesn't tho

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Am I being dense? What is Warning?

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

it won't sound anything like it and I'll be ok with that

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Green Day album

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. It's probably more of a statement comparison than an actual sonic descriptor (he tweeted about In Reverie and a bunch of other 'punk by definition' records recently as well) but I hope it does sound like that because Warning is the best Green Day album

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I didn't expect to see this today but I respect this

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Watch it be a Warning cover album.

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Remember when he talked about how punk Anarchy, My Dear was and released Burn A Miracle and then the rest of the album sounded /nothing/ like any of that?

Good ol' Max. Keeps us guessing.

Dan O'Neill and Doomsday like this.
  19. It's a good night to listen to Anarchy. Album gets entriely too much shit for anything outside of its mix.

Anti-Counter-Culture and Kuri44 like this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I don't think it's a terrible album, I just love how he phrased it before the release.

21. Yeah, I think he walked it back in his Rank the Records feature and it's probably more in line with those "punk by definition" records I mentioned above than it is sonically. I know people were expecting an ...Is a Real Boy sequel based on his comments, but I also think some of the arrangements are actually closer to ...IARB than any other SA release tbh

22. Boy I'm just ready for this new record to be announced so I can get back on another SA kick. Max's music means so much to me, highs and lows and all. (I'd also like to follow up our last conversation during this album cycle if possible)

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

To be honest, I want Kenny Bridges to take time off from being SA's guitarist and make us a new Moneen album haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

He clearly loves being in the band tho. He was going off when I saw them in Dec

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I saw him when he first joined and I was like "this dude looks familiar..." And then I saw them post their lineup online and I was like "I MISSED AN OPPORTUNITY TO TALK TO NOT ONE, BUT TWO OF MY FAVORITE LEAD SINGERS/SONGWRITERS?!' and kicked myself haha.