Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything to Record New Album Next Month • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 18, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Than Weezer??? No way man lol

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Everyone should give I Don't Think It Is another chance. I hated the album at first as well but after a few more listens.. I started to like it. A few months later I started to love it and now it's definitely ranked higher than Anarchy, S/T, and Hebrews in my eyes.

Cautiously excited for this next record but bummed it's with Will Yip.

GEM37, thenewtypetheory and tobytobes like this.
  3. tobytobes

Regular

Completely agree with you, IDTII is probably one of my top Say Anything albums, and I started listening to them in college-ish when Is A Real Boy came out.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same. I would rank the records; Is A Real Boy > In Defense of the Genre > I Don't Think It Is > S/T > Hebrews > Anarchy My Dear

5. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

I've given it probably 8 tries... I want to like it. But it's by far my least favorite of their records. S/T is one of my favorites of all time. Hebrews took a couple years to grow on me, so I'm still optimistic it'll click one day.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. MisterPickel

I'll try it out when it comes out, but I'm not going to let myself get excited only to be dissapointed again. Night's Song was the last great SA song, IMO.

ihaveblink likes this.
  7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I maintain that Hebrews is the worst album since music was introduced to our ears roughly 3.2 million years ago

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  8. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

The last 2 Say Anything albums have been just as bad, if not worse (certainly for Hebrews) than an album like Raditude. Yet, IRAB and IDOTG have some of the best songs in the whole genre.

9. There is no way that Hebrews is worse than Raditude lmao

AndrewSoup and mattylikesfilms like this.
  10. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I would get "Raditude" tattooed on my neck in Playbill font before being forced to listen to Hebrews start to finish

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  11. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

this one will be good

gotta keep faith that this one will be good

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

I hope they can top s/t

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i want so bad to like a release from this band again, IARB and IDOTG were such huge parts of my late highschool/college time and i loved them so much but nothing since had even slightly interested me :(

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Worse than Radtitude??? Oh man... no comment.

Aaron Mook and angrycandy like this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's just not true but alright lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. ZeoVGM

Regular

Can't wait. Despite my thoughts on the last album and Anarchy, I think they still have some fantastic stuff in them.

Hebrews wasn't bad, by the way.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Hebrews is easily in the top 3 worst albums I have ever listened to. Raditude at least had decent sound engineering. Hebrews is practically unlistenable to me. The mid range tremble gives me an immediate headache.

18. Clark

@yttebkralc Prestigious

Nothing dampers my excitement for an album like finding out Will Yip is involved.

Also, Hebrews is the second best Say Anything album.

19. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Weezer has always been one of my favorite bands (and is the band who introduced me to music in general when I was 10). I will defend them to the death.

Also, I don't like Say Anything. I've never gotten into them at all.

That said, no album in the history of ever is worse than 'Ratitude.' None. If a band set out to make the worst album of all time on purpose, they couldn't top 'Ratitude.'

mattylikesfilms and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

While I can't yet prove it, i sincerely believe the album Hebrews is responsible for this brutal hurricane season, and possibly even Trump getting elected. It's that bad.

21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I hate almost all of Raditude but I'd rather listen to "If You're Wondering" ten straight times than Hebrews

22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

cool

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I'm bumping this song because it's what the world needs right now and there's nothing you fuckers can do to stop me!

24. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Actually, in all seriousness, I really like this Raditude b-side. This is going on a mixtape someday... #DerailingTheSayAnythingThread

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Holy lol. You’re intense and not it’s really not.

I can understand people not liking it but come on man... also I feel like most fans should at least like “John McClane”, “Six Six Six”, and “Kall Me Kubrick”.

GEM37 likes this.