Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything to Record New Album Next Month

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

may God help us all

3. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I'm strangely always rooting for Say Anything. I love Max and I love his family. The band itself has been more inconsistent when it comes to releasing music than Weezer.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Hopefully the production doesn't intentionally sound like ass this time.

Will Yip did a good job with the new Tigers Jaw.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Looking forward to another great record!

Art Mackenzie and GEM37 like this.
  6. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

In a relatively recent interview, Max said he won't be going down the lo-fi route anymore. Praise be.

brandon, truelovewaits and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Hoping all of that experimentation pays off on the next album

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Hope so. Was completely unlistenable to me.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I don't think you followed up on this in the rest of the article, but what did Max have to say about the 1975? I feel like he would be a fan of Matty's lyrics and entire presentation

Edit: also, awesome interview. Can you post your dissertation on Hip Hop?

Aaron Mook and thenewtypetheory like this.
  10. Hah, Max and I had almost the exact same reaction to the 1975 - kind of a "what is this, I don't know about this" reaction to the first album, and then totally sold on their confidence and style and ambition after the second album.

And thanks so much for reading! You're like the third or fourth person to ask about it, haha. The thing is like 25 pages long but maybe I'll re-format it and upload it to Medium tonight.

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhh

12. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

*fart noise

13. sawhney[rusted]2

Would you like me to do mark-ups in red or blue pen?

But seriously, looking forward to it!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I don't get this band

15. Connor

I don't know, like I've just never understood why people like them. Max's voice annoys me, lyrics do nothing for me. And it's weird cause I've always liked other bands they have been associated with. They just never have clicked with me and I guess I've never understood the love and adoration for them. I guess I could compare it to how @Jason Tate doesnt like TBS or Weezer. They are that band for me

AshlandATeam and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Ah, different strokes for different folks then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ TBS is definitely that band for me, haha.

fenway89 likes this.
  17. Connor

Yeah they have slowly gotten there for me too. I don't get TBS' continued success.

All that said about Say Anything, I'll still give everything they put out a listen. There is always the chance it will finally click with me.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. I think a lot of Say Anything's cult following (as well as Taking Back Sunday's) has to do with how many people adore their first few albums. Much like Brand New or TBS or even Fall Out Boy, they were kind of one of those bands that came along at just the right time for a lot of people getting into the scene. They were my favorite band for almost a decade, and even though I had a very visceral reaction to their last album, I still get very excited for anything Max works on.

Weezer is another band that has burned me several times that I still get excited for, haha. I think my expectations for certain artists have become more manageable over time and I can better rectify the music they want to make with the music I'd like to hear from them. Outside of trying to objectively analyze aspects of the music, it's become a lot easier for me to try and enjoy things for what they're meant to be.

fenway89 likes this.
  19. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Oh farts

20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Their set at Riot Fest was great. The full-band version of "Spores" absolutely ruled.

21. sammyboy516 Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2017)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

lol this. I love the first three albums and I enjoyed Hebrews but man he lost me with the last one. Hoping I can at least listen to this one.

Edit: totally forgot about Anatchy, but I dig a lot of that one too

22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Can't wait for the next thread of people still complaining about the production on the last album!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Will Yip's production can be hit and miss, no more than Say Anything themselves, but he's also produced some of my favourite albums like Turnover's Peripheral Vision & Pianos Become The Teeth's Keep You. I'm pretty excited for this.

thenewtypetheory likes this.