Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 72

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh boy

2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I don’t mean to be insensitive, but the tone of that post is very odd and I don’t trust anything Max says at this point. I’m assuming the developments he is talking about is some sort of SA tour to get people to care about him again.

3. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

If he really wants a money maker he should release a full on Say Anything record in the style of the first three albums. Sell it exclusively on his website or something.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. MegT585

Trusted

Wow he just does not care at all anymore. The solo dates don’t even start for a few weeks. The sad thing is in the past I would be so stoked for a SA reunion but now I don’t even think I would want to go bc I would just be sad/ it’s so heartbreaking/ hard to watch and support after how he’s just become such a jerk.

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I don't even know what to say anymore

6. say anything

i'm sorry

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

His statement is reallllly offputting, the way he glosses over a death in the first sentence then talks about a bunch of other unrelated stuff

SpeckledSouls, MegT585 and koryoreo like this.
  8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yep. The death that’s so devastating that it’s causing a tour to be cancelled is completely ignored once he starts talking about these surprises he has in store in a weirdly cheery tone. Just seems like he used that and generic covid concerns as a cop out because the tour with wasn’t selling well or personal stuff. It would be totally understandable to cancel for personal reasons, but this explanation definitely falls in line with his pattern of erratic behavior.

irthesteve likes this.
  9. just when I thought my opinion of this guy couldn't sink any lower lol

absolute fucking garbage

woodpile and koryoreo like this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

I used to have some opinions for these but no longer. I perhaps justified a defence longer than I needed from sheer biased nostalgia but I can’t even do that now.

feel for the bands on this. I think YMAEWK have said they’ve been hit financially for this.

11. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Max just has to show up with an acoustic guitar and play. That's really it. He's not even trying with these excuses anymore. This band's dead to me. And for a very long time, they were my favorite band. Gross. There's nothing that can be done for this man to be redeemable to me at this point. Not that anyone cares, just saying.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Dog Fish

Mutt

What if he adds a kickstarter perk where he takes an actual shit, has one of his kids draw a picture of it, then offers it as a tattoo design?

woodpile and koryoreo like this.
  13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Apparently someone their nanny’s family died from Covid which (if true) makes his nonchalant attitude even shittier.

Carrow likes this.
  14. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

15. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

So there’s no way he actually ends up playing this, right? Who would the backing band even be?

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  16. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

He’s probably already posted the few artist comp tickets on stubhub

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

had the same thought

not sure any of them would be into it tbh

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait this is a new festival separate from the one this month? Just next years lineup

19. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Parker played on the Maxim mental album and I think I heard somewhere Colby played on a song or 2 so I feel like those guys might still be around for a show

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

This was just posted a few minutes after my last comment
    I guess that answers it lol

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Actually like this lol

Matt Chylak likes this.
  22. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

I wish I could support them but like Max has way too many issues. He's like taken advantage of his audience with song shops and kickstarters, done some pretty sketchy things like snorted antidepressants or something to "get back in character" for Oliver Appropriate when he has about thirteen kids or whatever, and he's just gone on weird tirades.

Bummer.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Dudes a disaster my guy

24. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

And Saves The Day is playing shows again too. Guess you just have to make an apology and take a year off and everything is fine.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The std is truly gross and really messed up nobody seems to care

SpeckledSouls likes this.