Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 62

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 16, 2018.

1. MegT585

Trusted

I noticed this exact same thing

2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

His career has taken a pretty tacky turn since I first became a fan

People who shill their family and moderate fame for money are a huge turnoff. $200 for a phone call from Max? Lol fuck off, your sense of self value is askew bud

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Major yikes from someone I once considered my favorite artist. I honestly haven’t even listened to this album all the way through, I’m that uninterested now.

4. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Oh my god what a insufferable wang

Just lol

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The idea of paying for a phone call isn't ridiculous in itself, there's literally entire websites for that, but when you add that as part of the whole here, there's a TON of issues

6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

...is a real boy is still completely special to me. I may not agree with how he does things now, but that album really did make me feel less alone when I needed it. Nothing has done much for me since self titled. A few songs here and there, but questionable production and approaches to albums just turned me off.

I did however enjoy this album, but I maybe have only listened four times.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oliver is a good album. Despite the scary/questionable story within it.

8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

His last several albums have just been head scratchers on at least some level, and between that and his online behaviour it becomes reflective of the person and it’s not good. And I’m just increasingly disinterested tbh

Thanks for Eloise

CAC3 and MegT585 like this.
  9. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Max was my favorite public figure person ever. I related to him and his lyrics. I've never cared about a celebrity/musician before. He helped me discover my bipolar disorder when I didn't know what it was. To watch his descent is painful. I don't know him on a personal level nor is it my place, but things just seem troubling on a lot of levels for a long time now and I wish to be wrong. It's problematic for me to listen to my favorite band now. It makes me sad. And I still want that to change.

It's like watching an old friend go downhill, do shady things, you love him but you just can't be there for him.

MegT585 and Cameron like this.
  10. MegT585

Trusted

I feel the EXACT same way. If you ever want to vent or want a former max Bemis lover friend- I am here for you. He helped me come out. He helped me when I had to be hospitalized for a suicide attempt when I came out. He had been my favorite musician for years. His music somewhat even shaped who I am. I don’t know him personally but all of this still hurts. I gave him multiple chances. I was at that show years ago in Virginia where he came on stage and was too drunk to play. He just lay on the stage and barely sang. He could barely stand up. The set had to be cut short. It was so embarrassing. I traveled hours to see that tour bc I was super excited to see it bc he had an orchestra with it. I walked away after that show and just felt disrespected, but also worried for him. Then the whole Kickstarter thing- taking hundreds from me and blowing me off or not even sending me what I paid for. His music will always mean something to me. But after a while you just have to walk away. I can barely listen to him anymore. It sucks.

11. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  12. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  13. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i don't listen to rap at all but this is great

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. hmmmmmmm

15. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Wat

16. Dan O'Neill

Regular

“Piss King” is cool as hell. Sounds like Max is performing over a lo-fi hip hop track produced by Kanye, haha.

17. Kuri44

Song reminds me of Rum, (which I think was the song that Max originally wrote for Kanye during Life of Pablo sessions)

Dan O'Neill and vidiviciveni like this.
  18. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I’ll have to check that out later, I loved Rum

Saw max on an Instagram video the other day, he looks and behaves like someone who’s completely lost the plot

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

He raps like a Hamilton understudy

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. GBlades

Trusted

Ol' Dirty Beemdawg is back!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Hahahaha this is so dumb

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

wow

that was some kind of awful

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  23. MegT585

Trusted

I give up.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Disappointing after loving his other musical output this year.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Not as bad as the comments in here make it seem. This is way better than his recent lo-fi bullshit, so I'm cool with the direction