Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 61

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 16, 2018.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

fuck off, Bemis

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Someone is going around gathering stories of unfulfilled song shop orders and Kickstarter rewards for a piece they are writing apparently. Should be an interesting read.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh man. Max really don goofed now.

Has anyone here gotten a decent/good songshop? I’ve always heard they’re decent at best sadly..

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

All of the ones I’ve heard sound like bad painful splits demos, but that is not to take away from the fact that a lot of people seem happy with theirs even if they are the bare minimum.

In contrast, a lot of the songs I’ve heard from Downwrite artists have been a lot better (varying from writer to writer or course.) I think the main difference is the volume of songs he keeps taking on despite not being able to finish his already pending orders.

Cameron likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

He’s definitely over-filling his plate it seems most of the time. Which since it’s all for profit, and the product he’s putting out seems not well received he should just stop.

6. MegT585

Trusted

Link? I would be happy to share my story.

sonder likes this.
  7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Gabby Vice (@gabbyvice) | Twitter

She was replying to replies about it asking for the stories and seems to be retweeting a bunch of them too. Yesterday she was asking Dan Ozzi to write something but seems like she’s taking matters into her own hands

MegT585 and sonder like this.
  8. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

When he was using his kids' drawings as crowdfunding rewards I think that really flipped the switch for me

9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I have a strong feeling that the Bemisus will owe the IRS a hefty sum from their 120k+ Kickstarter. Maybe I'm speculating, but I don't think they would think that the earnings from that count as income.

Joe4th and tyramail like this.
  10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Max Bemis made $120k off a kickstarter last year and still wants to pay people with exposure and concert tickets

I hope he fuckin reads this

You are every pretentious thing you ever railed against... and worse, considering I'm posting in a thread about an album that glorifies a homophobic hate crime

11. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

my gf bought me the vocal feature off the kickstarter for my birthday last year, still haven't got anything. And the engineer we paid hasn't sent us a mix in a year lol. Not gonna lie, having some bad luck with the music these days.

tyramail likes this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is the logical conclusion to his absolute dumpster fire of a career post-self titled

13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

He wishes his comic series was as good and lucrative as Gerard's

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

If you’re gonna go through the trouble to look back and backpedal at least go all the way and ask for portfolios instead of spec work.

Also way to ignore the 1/3 of the comments that are about shit he owes people already.

Also “people are upset” doesn’t seem to acknowledge that it is a shitty thing to ask

vidiviciveni, Joe4th, Zilla and 4 others like this.
  16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Looks like he did address the Kickstarter with a Non answer and used the “we’ve worked with indie designers our whole career” line.

Does anyone have bingo yet?

17. *sigh*

[​IMG]

18. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

What is he talking about? He’s on Twitter all the time. Doesn’t he regularly tweet Kanye-level, nonsensical, multi tweet tirades?

Also, Max Bemis, who has effectively retired from making the only music the majority of his fans actually care about, has people working for him that come to him with ideas he has to “approve?” LOL

CAC3 likes this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Reddit can be a hell hole but there’s some decent subreddits and one of my favorites is r/choosingbeggars the amount of people who genuinely think exposure is worth a shit is staggering. These same people couldn’t tell you who painted George Washington’s portrait on the $1 bill

20. J.love

Regular

It reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally went downhill from there did it not?

21. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

All I'm missing is "it's because I'm queer but I'm not actually queer just queer to the point where if women no longer existed and I was forced to fuck a guy then fine I guess I would kinda queer"

22. This post makes me kind of uncomfortable. Plenty of reasons to criticize Max, but questioning identities isn't a great habit to get in imho.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sorry to everyone for kinda defending the original merch contest. Pretty clear now on how it offends artists.

Also reallly pissed at that response from Max. He’s on Twitter a lot. Such bs that he wasn’t aware of the contest

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Also immediately tweets about how much he’s playing video games right after saying he works on the rewards all day every day lol

MegT585 and Cameron like this.
  25. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I agree with you but he straight up said that he would only ever be with a guy if he were truly desperate.

Edit: which as a queer dude took kind of offensive