Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 16, 2018.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Well there we have it

Matt Chylak, Dan O'Neill and Kuri44 like this.
  2. Honestly I have no problem with that

3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Me neither. Max has always been able to do a lot with light instrumentation, and Pink Snot is a great example of that.

Dan O'Neill, J.love and Kuri44 like this.
  4. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I mean I guess I would have not preferred it but it doesn't make me less excited for the rest of the album

5. GBlades

Trusted

Given that Max's descriptions are usually the opposite of the finished product, I expect a death metal album.

6. Art Mackenzie

Does he mispronounce "opioids" in the second verse?

7. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

He compared it to Warning and that was basically what Warning was- so, yeah.

Larry David and Dan O'Neill like this.
  8. J.love

Regular

That is like my dream say anything record.

Larry David likes this.
  9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

He compared it to both Warning and In Reverie. Maybe Max is actually doing comparisons that make sense now. ;)

10. GBlades

Trusted

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

tried to read it and I just couldn't. The cover is kinda nice though tbh

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  13. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I just read that whole thing and I'm completely confused.

ECV and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  14. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

SOMEONE TELL THIS GUY ABOUT PROOF READING

sophos34 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  15. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Guy is absolutely, undeniably losing it.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. leerkat

I... does he get therapy? I mean, that’s what you should follow up a bipolar diagnosis with. This is stuff that should get discussed with a therapist. Incoherent ranting like that means you obviously want to unload some stuff to someone who will listen, therapy is the perfect solution for someone who experiences their mental illness like this. He needs help to work out these conflicting feelings because all I understand here is that he believes that all guys who like emo are somehow queer and also want to fuck their dad because uh, queerness comes from uh, freudian impulses???!?!!?!

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I couldn't even finish reading this one. No idea what he's trying to say at all.

18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

what did I just read

19. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

upload_2018-9-24_7-36-19.jpeg

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

But for real.. I have no idea what the point was of that and I absolutely hated the Saves the Day "cover", but Saves is my favorite band and that did not do the original track justice. To sum it up for the rest of you, here are the key takeaways:

- Max is queer but not queer queer but still queer
    - Daddy issues
    - Talking about himself and Sherri as "mommy" and "daddy"
    - ICGST isn't a hit single
    - It's okay to be emo but it's also bad to be emo
    - Chris from Saves the Day is Max's idol (which we all knew).

SteveLikesMusic and leerkat like this.
  21. It's incoherent, full of contradictions and reachs that makes me uncomfortable. It's obvious he's still hurt by the reception each of his post-IARB albums got, and hasn't been able to move from it, THOUGH he keeps repeating that it doesn't affect him anymore, that genres are fluid and useless, etc. I relate to the insecurity though. I don't know how to process all of these ramblings. I'm simply confused and feel sad for him I guess?

22. leerkat

Every time he talks about being queer he always sounds like he's saying "well, I'm totally queer but not like these gross queer people who like... act on not being straight, right?". It sounds like he just enjoys calling himself queer but he wants to convince us he isn't actually. Make up your mind, my dude.

Contender, sophos34 and SaveTheEarth like this.
  23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Because there’s no way he doesn’t keep up with this thread: Max, people whose lives have been touched and moved and changed in meaningful ways by your art are concerned for your health. It is not our place to tell you to try finding a professional to speak with about all the stress of these projects and anything else that might be on your mind — clearly there’s a lot on your mind these days — but we’re doing it precisely because you and your music has done that for many of us. It’s perfectly fine to be open and emotional with your kids. If you’re crying in front of the literally every day, as you wrote, something is wrong. Please take these words with love.

SpyKi, nograce, leerkat and 2 others like this.
  24. Eclipse

Regular

Yeah I’m not saying this to be a smart ass or asshole or anything, as someone else who has bipolar this is....too similar to what I experience in a way when I have an episode and I am not a psychologist and he is a stranger but if we’re all alarmed that probably mean something. I do hope he gets someone to talk more direct with

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

When he said he's wouldn't date a guy unless he was desperate made me pretty angry.

Mary V, nograce, SaveTheEarth and 3 others like this.