Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 16, 2018.

1. sukottokairu

Regular

i like the new song, and daze. but i do hope that the entire record isn't acoustic guitar driven.

angrycandy and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think that album has aged really well, and if Max hadn't done such a terrible job describing it and getting people hyped for it to be something that it wasn't, it would've been received much better.

Dan O'Neill, Matt Chylak and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think AMD is a fine album and flows better than the records that were released afterwards, but there's something about it that just feels like a nice blade that's been dulled. Certain songs feel like they could have used a little more refinement or energy.

The album always throws me for having Burn A Miracle on it because if I played that song for someone and they were like "oh cool, what album is that from?" I'd be like "wait, no, the rest of the album is nothing like that."

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Hebrews > AMD

Dan O'Neill and ECV like this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I always felt that way until I recently returned to them, and really the only songs I can get into now on Hebrews is John McClane and My Greatest Fear Is Splendid. I enjoy far more songs on AMD

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I hated Hebrews when it came out and haven't given it a fair shot since. Maybe I should revisit it.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. RileyWitiw

Really? I can also jam pretty hard with Judas Decapitation and Nibble Nibble. There are some pretty unique and interesting arrangements on that album. Only songs I really come back to on AMD are Overbiter and So Good.

8. RileyWitiw

I was late to the SA bandwagon but some of the songs on that album honestly drew me in.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

Yeah I never liked Nibble Nibble even from the beginning. The lyrics are creepy/cringey and I'm not a fan of Tom's vocals on it. I forgot about Judas, though, I was really into that one and Six Six Six at first, but still not anything I see myself putting on again. So Good is great though

RileyWitiw likes this.
  10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

TBH, I'm just not a fan of Tom.

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. RileyWitiw

You do have to make it through that first verse :crylaugh: but I actually really like Tom's AVA vocals, they do a lot for the vibe. Judas is a 100% pure SA angst injection with a catchy chorus to boot... I'm always down for that.

Dan O'Neill and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. RyanPm40

Hahaha too true, that's exactly my problem with it

RileyWitiw likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Exactly

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love the new song.

Can’t believe the album is coming out in Jan like wtf

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  15. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

They didn't even announce this single right it's just on spotify and Apple music?

Nvm see the news post on dine alone

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

That guitar solo in between verses reminds me of old SA and I cannot pinpoint the song!

17. Kuri44

I remember hearing the instrumental version of Nibble Nibble during an interview and thinking the intro sounded so much cooler than i already thought it was.

18. RileyWitiw

but once you get to the first "ohhhh yeaaah," you're golden ;-p

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  19. New song is good but i like Daze more

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

And also if he had not put a song called "Admit It Again" on there. That was just a mistake.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like that song, but I mean I get why others don't haha

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  22. Kuri44

The only sequel to a song I can think of that was just as good/better is Anthem Part 2.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

How can the same person release Daze and Pink Snot, then pull this Kickstarter garbage and release that solo song? And promote both at the same time - like these projects are so far apart in quality it’s actually impressive.

unbornwhiskey, J.love and irthesteve like this.
  24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Haha I was just about to post something about this. I don’t have a problem with the Kickstarter itself, I’m all about artists getting paid for their work, but the quality of Max’s home recorded stuff is just fucking awful. And he has the potential to sound soooooo good, as proven by most SA records.

J.love likes this.
  25. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I really don't understand the poor quality. If you open up an average computer and record from quicktime it sounds a hell ton better from whatever trash he makes from the home made stuff.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.