Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 16, 2018.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Sameees

2. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Is the song anywhere but Apple Music?

4. stars143

Trusted

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I think the only thing that rubs me the wrong way is once again citing IARB. Even saying it’s meant to be a sequel....

Can we just drop this now? This is the third album now he compared to it. Though not directly yet saying it’s a sequel is worse imo.

6. Kuri44 Aug 16, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2018)
    Kuri44

I ended up buying it on iTunes cause I couldn't wait. I really like it. Excited to hear the rest.

P.S.
    I still can’t believe we’re getting new Say Anything, Saves The Day, Hellogoodbye, Twenty One Pilots in the same month. I haven’t been this hyped for Oct. releases since ‘07

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Still not on Spotify :tear:

8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Max tweeted the other night that he had a bombshell story to post, and he was asking if he had any sites with large followings who would want to post it.

I guess Pitchfork responded to his message. Funny that they’ve never once covered them before though.

9. This was...a lot to take in at 7:30 in the morning. Rolled back asleep and dreamt this was coming out in two weeks, woke up sad again. Definitely have some feelings to process

10. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Bringing back the character from IARB, finally naming him, writing the whole album from that POV, and then killing him off sounds like a sequel to me.

It would have been weirder if Max didn’t mention the connections.

beachdude42 and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. That statement, the concept of the album, this song, and Sherri feeling the need to insist that Max is okay leaves a sadness in my heart. I love Max, his music has meant a lot to me through many stages of my growing up, and I really hope he’s doing better.

12. stars143

Trusted

They did a feature on Hebrews and the 10 years of IARB, but this is the only other post Say Anything is tagged on.

Anyway, Max's post is a lot to process. I am glad he can be open about his thought processes and who he is. I'm looking forward to hearing the record.

beachdude42 and Dan O'Neill like this.
  13. Song reminds me of some hybrid between “Say Anything” (the song) and some of the Hebrews cuts like Judas Decapitation and the end of Kall Me Kubrick

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I like this song. I don't think I've listened to Say Anything since I gave Anarchy, My Dear a shot when it came out and wasn't into it.

15. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Can we talk about how absolutely wild of a song "Mara and Me" is? Must change like 7 times in 4 minutes.

16. GBlades

Trusted

It's still hard to process. I wanted to write something long and meaningful but decided against it. Max and Say Anything have been part of my life since their birth and it's selfishly sad to see them go, at least for a while.

I've enjoyed everything Max has released. I know there as some polaring views on his music and endeavours but no-one can argue that he always puts such passion behind his work, creativity and his family.

It's great to see him focus on the most important thing in his life; family. I'm sure we will see some projects push through but I have both been through some hard times and it's safe to say I'm sure, as a fan, I have picked Max up somehow.

Excited for new music. I know he posts about IARB sequels with most album releases but he cited IARB as being the Oliver character without a name and the new album being the aftermath of this.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Single is way better than anything on IDTII. Looking forward to hearing the full album and glad he's moving away from doing things that are causing him harm.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

A lot I could say, but I'll leave it at "wow" and "it really seems like Max is in the best place he has been, I hope it forever stays that way"

Dan O'Neill and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  19. GBlades

Trusted

Video was on YouTube, now taken down. Destined not to hear this.

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's on KingdomLeaks.

GBlades likes this.
  21. Kuri44

For some reason I have a feeling we'll get another Say Anything record somewhere down the line. May not be for a long time though.

solxace likes this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Shit, this new song is immediately my favorite from them in a while

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well he even says himself he thinks there will probably be another one (though that was on like page 10 so I don't blame you if you didn't make it all the way through lol)

It really seems like he's more just saying that everything is going to be on his terms now. He's not just going to record or go on tour because he's in a band and that's what you have to do as a band. If he's inspired to write an album he will, if he wants to play a one off show he will, if he wants to tour again one day he will, but he's just not going to force himself to do any of those things anymore.

solxace and Kuri44 like this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I was watching the Passion of the Christ the first time I heard this song so every time I hear it I picture that movie regardless of how hard I try to separate them.

1:20 - 1:50 is a phenomenal 30 seconds.

25. chewbacca110 Aug 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2018)
    chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Maybe my fav SA anything song if not #2. It's so fun to play on drums and every instrument gets a chance to shine.

My favorite 'section' of the song is 3:03-3:32 with the"fake players are the ones that play the game" chant then the dizzying guitar and drum thrash ending.