Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 16, 2018.

1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I'll have to check out his work. Love the X-Men, so that has me intrigued.

GBlades likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Haven’t read the statement or heard the new song. Though this is a heavy album rollout....

Just reading the concept of the album has me feeling a sense of dread. Pretty heavy stuff.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Since the new song is on Apple I figured it was on Spotify too. It’s not

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Hope everything is okay. That novella is troubling in quite a few spots, but Max has always been someone who takes his creative pursuits to their furthest-flung places. Excited to hear the new music, glad he’s making a decision to get off stage if it’s not a good choice for his health.

5. New song is cool

6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Haven't cared for Say Anything in years but to me the new song is better than anything on the last couple. Narrative of the new album seems...questionable, however.

7. Rawrz

Regular

Really hoping for this album. Anarchy was supposed to be the spiritual successor or sequel to ...Is A Real Boy o5 whatever and that didn't go well at all, but I trust Max and always look forward to anything he does

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Daze is the first song I’ve really enjoyed since the self titled album. It’s a shame they won’t tour but IARB, IDOTG, and SA will always have special places in my music library.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Song is surprisingly great. Honestly I’m extremely surprised say anything has lasted this long

10. GBlades

Trusted

If anyone finds a like then let me know. Even "unofficially" UK does not have this

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I get the choice to no longer tour. It stressful for anyone, let alone a guy with a debillitating mood disorder who is gone from his tight-knit family for months on end. It makes me feel extra fortunate I got to see the In Defense tour. Good for him to come forward and lay down the line before the record drops and people get their hopes up for an inevitable tour.

12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

what did I just read

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

85% of it is just Max going over the concept of the new album and how it connects to the concept of IARB.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well that was an intense way to start the day. I cried a little by the end. Max and the band have always meant a lot to me and I’m just glad he is going what he needs to for him and his family. There’s really too much to unpack here and I’m going to need to read it one or two more times. But I will say as a gay man who has always struggled with self-acceptance (in all areas, but especially centered around that), I'm more than a little intrigued by one of my favorites apparently tackling those same themes, albeit in a very... different kind of way.

Of course on a selfish level, I am bummed that they won't be touring anymore, but it sounds like that doesn't necessarily mean they will never play shows.

As far as the music itself, Max has always been at his best when he took an idea and swung for the stars. (IARB, IDOTG, Hebrews). I guess to a lesser extent he did this on IDTII and maybe it didn't work quite as well, though really all that was super weird about that was the production, less than the actual songwriting. It sounds like he definitely went for it on this one too, so I am very excited. And I listened to Daze about 10 times in a row, so it's safe to say I love the song.

16. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

This thing sounds weird, but I’ll listen to it because of how important his first 4 records were to me in high school

Snorting antidepressents does not seem like a good way to method write

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I snorted a Wellbutrin once and it was the most painful thing I’ve ever felt in my life by far

GBlades and Drew Beringer like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Given the close history of the bands, I think it's kind of ironic that everyone was going on thinking Saves the Day was about to break up, but they really sound like they are recharged, and in the meantime, no one suspected anything about Say Anything, but it turns out they were the ones who were almost done.

19. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I love Karl so much

20. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Wellbutrin is unpleasant to put in my face so I can’t even imagine snorting it

Now Zoloft, that shit goes down smooth

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I still don’t know why IDOTG isn’t on Apple Music.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very interested in this album and it may have become my most anticipated release out of nowhere

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Haven't read the statements yet, but enjoyed the song. Reminded me of a blend of self-titled, Anarchy, and Hebrews.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  24. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Oh hey I’m prescribed both! For real, it’s the first med combo where I’ve actually felt like myself.

sophos34 likes this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m on both, Zoloft is indeed smooth af but it makes me sleepy af