Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything / mewithoutYou / Teen Suicide / Museum Mouth Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

4/20 - Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Live!
    4/22 - Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee
    4/23 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
    4/24 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
    4/26 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echoplex
    4/27 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
    4/29 - Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
    4/30 - Seattle, WA @ The Showbox
    5/02 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound
    5/03 - Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
    5/05 - St. Louis, MO @ The Ready Room
    5/06 - Chicago, IL @ Concord Music Hall
    5/07 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
    5/08 - Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot
    5/10 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
    5/11 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE Outdoors
    5/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
    5/13 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall
    5/14 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
    5/15 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
    5/17 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
    5/19 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle
    5/20 - Wilmington, NC @ Ziggy's by the Sea
    5/21 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
    5/22 - Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
    5/24 - Orlando, FL @ The Beacham
    5/25 - Tampa, FL @ The Ritz Ybor
    5/27 - Houston, TX @ House of Blues
    5/28 - Austin, TX @ Scoot Inn

Collin Skeen likes this.
  2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Was all excited to go to this until the new Say Anything dropped. Might still go if the setlist has enough of the old stuff. Haven't seen Say Anything or mewithoutyou.

Collin Skeen likes this.
  3. MegT585

Trusted

Will be at the Philly date. Can't wait.

Collin Skeen likes this.
  4. Collin Skeen

Regular

You NEED to see them live -- they're fantastic (even when Max is vomming on people). Seriously, so much energy and passion and when Max makes eye contact/grabs you/lets you sing/whatever you feel like you can take down the fucking world.

Can't wait for the nashville show -- hoping for lotsa tracks off the new record. BRING ON PRINCESS MAN!

HAVE YOU EVER EVEN LOOOOVEED :devil::devil::devil:

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. Turkeylegz

Trusted

You may have sold me on passion alone. I assume you liked the new album? What tracks should I try and revisit?

Collin Skeen likes this.
  6. Collin Skeen

Regular

:blush::blush::blush:

I really didn't like the record at first. I heard it in a hotel room when it dropped and I was like WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING MAX but I decided to press on and I started noticing that although there's some stuff that sounds super weird, there's a lot there that sounds like "classic" SA (17 Coked Up, #blessed *once you get past the intro*, and So Numb). Eventually I started seeing the weird stuff as cool details and flourishes and I pretty much like the whole record now. Some may call it stockholm syndrome but I just see it as getting past my own expectations

reading his interview with Noisey really hit me too, especially this part:

"It’s one of the running themes on the record that I want to be very clear about. It was hard to let myself write about this, but I grew up in a very left-leaning family where feminism and tolerance and love and all of those things that are hot button issues right now were givens to me. I never once had the thought that gay people shouldn’t be allowed to marry or that women are lesser than me or that black people are dangerous. But it seems like since activism has become more of a public thing lately and there’s all these amazing things going on, it also fostered a lot of bullies. It’s a hard thing to be annoyed by, because it’s counterintuitive to wanting to make social changes. But I think we’re not gonna reach anyone by bullying people on social media. Somebody may go and say “I really love the idea of gay marriage, don’t prevent anyone from getting married,” and then someone will come online and criticize using the word “gay.” You may criticize the word and how it’s used, but do so through language of love and understanding. Understand that unless someone is an actual racist or fascist or someone trying to prevent change, there’s no reason to bitch at each other. A few songs on the record are about that, it’s almost as vital as the cause itself. If we win this battle, what are we gonna do with it? Are we gonna implode after making this social progress because we can’t be nice to each other?"

hope to see you at a show TURKEYLEGZ B-):heart::peace:

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna have to wait and see a setlist before I'm sold on this

8. MegT585

Trusted

Starts tonight!

9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

mwY is the only artist i wanna go to that tour to see, questioning if i should shell out all the money to head down to the gig

10. KingofSpain Apr 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2016)
    KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Say Anything and MeWithoutYou covered one of each other's songs for a tour split. I couldn't find which songs were covered, so if anyone going to one of the earlier dates could let me know, it would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Would also love to see some setlists.

11. AndrewSoup

only selling 5 of those split 7"s each night, i think i might go just to pick one up

12. fronkensteen

Trusted

Leaving for this show in an hour :)

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Say Anything is covering "Torches Together" and MWY is covering "Cemetery"

Side A is labeled Say Anything - Torches Apart and Side B is labeled mewithoutYou Cleo's Ferry Cemetery

14. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Right on. Thanks!

15. MegT585

Trusted

16. MegT585

Trusted

I don't understand why they aren't playing "Push" since mewithoutyou is opening.

17. fronkensteen

Trusted

mewithoutYou was amazing as always and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed Say Anything because I wasn't a fan of the few songs I've heard in the past. Got a new mewithoutYou shirt!

18. devenstonow

Noobie

Who is playing in Say Anything's band this tour?

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

not too excited about Say Anything's setlist. hoping it changes up.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

only one from IDOTG? pshhh

21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

angrycandy likes this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

okay, that mwY setlist alone is worth going. plus I get to hear Woe and Belt, and see how a bunch of Tampa hipsters react to Varicose Visage. should be fun

23. MegT585

Trusted

Same lineup as they have had for the past few tours: Moneen guitarist Kenny Bridges, then the regulars Reed Murray on drums, Garron Dupree on bass, Parker Case on keys/ guitar

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Actually kind of into the SA set

25. AndrewSoup

i should probably return to the new SA album at some point