Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything ...Is Committed (May 24th, 2024) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog Fish, Oct 13, 2023.

1. weird post.

"Psyche!" is not the only song that gets into naming names/pointing fingers. There is another song that is... very raw, and a lot of folks are going to feel uncomfortable listening to it.

2. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I was expecting to hate whatever this was going to be, I was expecting cringe, but this dives at a level I can't even quite put into words. I am surprised how utterly tone deaf this is despite expecting it to be tone deaf. Now to hear from some reputable folks around here that there's even worse, oh boy.

3. Dog Fish

Mutt

Are y’all under embargo? Or can we just devulge everything here?

4. Matt Who

Space Cadet Prestigious

5. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

This is the worst.

6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Vibrator is weird and gross and hard to listen to, but I'd call it mostly harmless. Almost like walking into a porta-potty that is way overdue on getting cleaned. But hearing Max goes even deeper into the finger-pointing is what will probably break me. I don't quite know how to articulate why, but the end of Psyche feels almost sinister to me. It's just so unhinged and off-putting. Genuinely really bummed to hear that shit gets worse.

7. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

"like walking into a porta-potty that is way overdue on getting cleaned."

This had me cracking up. I mean yea, pretty much, and that is NOT how anyone wants to describe a song they listen to, lmao.

GhostDiaper and Benjamin Lee like this.
  8. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I’m morbidly curious of what kind of reaction this album will get from music publications and reviewers.

9. Silence. It’s been barely covered anywhere. A fart in the wind.

atticusfinch, Toner, Dog Fish and 3 others like this.
  10. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

atticusfinch and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. Random thought on this Sunday morning but anytime a Say Anything thread gets bumped, I get reminded of the ap.net user who had that Max Bemis with a cigarette avatar and wonder what they think of his trajectory

12. Doomsday

flora & dany approve this post Supporter

Wasn't that dude like a mod or a staff member? Why do I think that?

13. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

[​IMG]

14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

anamericangod

I can’t remember what happened to him but it wasn’t good!

15. Dan O'Neill

Regular

[​IMG]

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This has me weirdly interested, kind of like when people slow down to look at a crash on the turnpike

17. Dog Fish

Mutt

Except this is more like watching one of those unethical TLC reality shows.

koryoreo likes this.
  18. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

I Vibrator just sounds like a super unhinged version of this

19. Atticus5143

Trusted

All I can take from this garbage record is this dude is the biggest loser on planet earth

20. Collins

Trusted

That's a blast from the past! If I'm not mistaken, I believe he started this label

American Dreams Records

21. He posts on Twitter a lot. Or did whenever I last looked at Twitter.

22. Nah I think that’s a totally different label - Joe’s was American Dream, singular not plural. Pretty certain there were only a few releases, some type of issue with product delivery, and then he folded it

Aaron Mook and Collins like this.
  23. Collins

Trusted

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clarifying

24. ZeoVGM

Regular

This album will barely be covered by any media because Max and Say Anything have been irrelevant for 14 years and the highest they've been able to elevate themselves in that period of time is "well, it's not as bad as the last album" once or twice.

I say this as someone who would likely still put In Defense of The Genre in his top five favorite albums of all time and who adored both IARB and the self-titled. There needs to be a case study on the falling off of Max Bemis and his ability to lose the plot on the level of which he did.

TLDR: It will get no reaction because no one cares.

25. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Appreciate the context. Hope you’re right.

Shams likes this.