Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything ...Is Committed (May 24th, 2024) • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog Fish, Oct 13, 2023.

1. CAC3

Dog

Eloise is so good. Self Titled might be the record I return to the most nowadays. Maybe that is because I burnt myself out on Is a Real Boy and In Defense of the Genre back when they originally came out.

Cameron and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

My humble opinion is that while IARB is technically the “better” record, s/t is the most enjoyable.

Cameron likes this.
  3. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Album is great. Everyone seems to love Eloise and even Mara and Me but I could never get into them.

Also I got Cemetery and Property confused for a split second and thought you had lost your mind.

Mine would be:

Do Better
    Ah...Men
    She Won't Follow You
    Fed To Death
    Cemetery

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Darren King. Google him.

Google:

5. His new solo album rules too! Just came out and is awesome.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I love it!

7. Zachary Dresch

Trusted Supporter

Saw them last night in Kansas City and man…the band sounds good but Max is not trying to sing with the beat AT ALL. The only other singer I’ve seen do that is Adam from Counting Crows and that also sucked. He just let the audience sing everything or danced around the melody and made it sound so stupid. That being said, AJJ and Greet Death were incredible.

Shams likes this.
  8. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

This has literally been my listening experience for this album. It’s been start and stop and just not a pleasant experience. It’s a bummer because there are some truly great instrumental parts on this album and it’s just ruined with the overtly outrageous lyrics.

9. ChampsMusic

Agreed on the Counting Crows! Adam absolutely ruined Mr. Jones by basically talking through the song off beat. Was wild. Bad.

Zachary Dresch likes this.
  10. Zachary Dresch

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I recall the audience being visibly pissed that Adam was fucking up all their favorite Counting Crows songs. I get it, you can take liberties with your own songs but goddamn it, don’t destroy them.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

It’s the production: physically hard to listen to

12. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

There isn’t a single person I know that’s had a positive experience with seeing Counting Crows live. On one of the podcasts I listen to the host was talking about how Adam sat most of the show and looked like he was ready to take a nap.

ChampsMusic and Zachary Dresch like this.
  13. Zachary Dresch

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Adam is so far up his own ass. Just sing the songs as they are, dude.

14. ChampsMusic

In “Say Anything, Colelctively Made Love Whatever”, I can’t help but think it’s Charlie Day singing “why can’t you seeeee”

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Caught the tour last night. Minimal vaping and band sounded good as did Max. Don’t get the weird over analyzing of their performance but maybe he stepped it up recently

Dan O'Neill and sophos34 like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

AJJ sounded really good. Missed Greet Death and am bummed about it

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Max sucks

18. Dan O'Neill

Regular

From the videos I’ve seen, the band always sounds great and Max has his good and bad nights.

Cameron and SpeckledSouls like this.
  19. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Yeah I know someone who went and had an amazing time and said they were great and then I saw many, many, many posts online about people who went and said it was absolutely terrible because of Max's "singing".

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

This is the whole "know what you're in for thing." It seems like a giant sing-a-long celebration. If you come in with the right expectations you'll have a good time. I've seen videos where he just doesn't sing the way the songs go and it's annoying, but if I was there I'd have fun and make the best of it. I always see Taking Back Sunday live and I know Adam's going to squeal his way through but they're fun shows.

Dan O'Neill and Shams like this.
  21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

got a bit curious and decided to check this album out

musically, it’s great but these are some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard in my life

motherfucker just said my dick is graceful

wow

Shams and SpeckledSouls like this.
  22. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Anyone have a rough idea of set times for this tour? Going tonight in Anaheim.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They went on at 9:50p almost exactly. AJJ had a 45 min set. We missed Greet Death so not sure

24. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Thanks! Doors here are 6:30, going to try and catch AJJ but will probably miss Greet Death too. :-/

Cameron likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Our doors were at 7p so possibly earlier for you