Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything ...Is Committed (May 24th, 2024) • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog Fish, Oct 13, 2023.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

All I can say is good luck lol

Shams and sophos34 like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

also because I realize I was using such inflammatory language people were convinced I don’t even like this band when I actually do listen to three of their albums quite regularly, IARB, IDOTG and self titled are all staples on one of my main playlist I listen to so I’m almost always listening to them in some capacity so it’s not like I’m a huge hater. I mean I am a huge hater because everything after has been so bad but it wasn’t always this way

3. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

Is someone daring you to do this? You can tell us. Oh God, is it a hostage situation? Blink twice for yes.

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Idk about this first song guys

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Oh wow the production on the second song is fucked. What’s going on? This is exactly how I remember I don’t think it is sounding

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the mix on auto harmonic is all over the place. why am I getting SO MUCH TAMBOURINE?

Shams, Zilla and wisdomfordebris like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I turned it off after I vibrator gave me a panic attack (or maybe I’m too stoned) I’ll try again later

8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I’ve had a very long day with a sick 2 year old who repeats things he hears, so I haven’t had much time to sink into this thing yet.

I don’t want him repeating anything from this album under any circumstances.

So far I’m enjoying it more than IDTII, Anarchy, and probably Oliver. If the lyrics weren’t what they are, I would certainly like it even more.

Shams likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Ya know, I thought using another artists album title which is also the name of their parents (Carrie & Lowell) as a song title was a bit odd but that’s the one song I am mildly curious to hear.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Anarchy is underrated

Shams likes this.
  11. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. Dog Fish

Mutt

Dude if someone enters me into this as a prank I’ll fucking kill them

13. Dan O'Neill

Regular

The bass guitar tone on that album is ridiculous. “Night’s Song” is especially amazing sounding.

Cameron and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I really like that one.

15. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

they will be hand delivered by Max Bepis

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

“The record that changed your life somehow
    I'm the one who needs it now”

is this just admitting he needs to tour on IARB to make any money?

Shams, Carrow, SpeckledSouls and 2 others like this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

When someone calls you a hater for listening to this, just tap the sign.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

sleeping four hours leads to heart attacks and other complications later in life please try and get at least 7

Aaron Mook and Zilla like this.
  19. Rawrz

Regular

The worst part about this album for me is that it's boring. Even through all the bad lyrics and attempts at shock it's all just dull and boring. It's rare I don't even want to finish an album but after like 4 songs I was just kinda done from boredom

20. HankThePigeon

I've almost entirely forgotten the entire album. It's boring and bad.

21. ZeoVGM

Regular

Alright.

Guy Who Has 'In Defense of the Genre' In His Top 5 Albums Ever is about to dive into this with an open mind. Let's see how it go--

WHAT.

Shams and Allhailburnzy like this.
  22. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Probably 80% of this fan base had no idea about most of his toxic stuff and he just put himself on blast. smh.

Aaron Mook and Shams like this.
  23. sophos34 May 24, 2024
    (Last edited: May 24, 2024)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t know if I’m gonna try again actually my experience earlier was really unsettling. The super off production mixed with the unhinged lyrics actually made me feel idk almost like I was disassociating or feeling like a panic attack was coming on but never actually coming and I don’t think it was the weed I put on diiv after and felt fine idk man that’s literally never really happened to me before because of music

Aaron Mook and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

New DIIV rules

25. Zachary Dresch

Trusted Supporter

Yeaaaah this new album ain’t it. I had to shut it off after 5 tracks cuz it’s just meandering bullshit. Since the early mid-2010s Max forgot how to write a catchy song. What made Say Anything so great originally was Max’s attitude and the catchiness of the melodies he wrote. The full band vibe is back, but it’s over compressed and Max just blurts out awful lyrics and it sounds so disjointed. Major disappointment.

SpeckledSouls likes this.