Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything ...Is Committed (May 24th, 2024) • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog Fish, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The first song could’ve been interesting and yeah he just can’t help himself with that absolutely unhinged ending

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Glad Brian sings a lot of the backing harmonies on this

3. CAC3

Dog

Was just thinking how so far this record has been pretty good sonically, but the lyrics are awful. I could never listen to this out loud. Then the next song started with "My dick is graceful". Absolutely ridiculous.

copey and SpeckledSouls like this.
  4. soggytime

Trusted

I think Self Titled is my favorite album of their's and the last one I really cared for. I'm gonna dig into this out of morbid curiosity

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I kinda want to listen just for Brian but I don’t know if I can bring myself to

SpeckledSouls and Doomsday like this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

There’s a lyric that says Us is a indie horror film smh

ScubaSteve182 and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. Doomsday

flora & dany approve this post Supporter

Yeah like I understand it’s fuck Max but if any fans of this bands can find something to enjoy in it I understand that desire. I cannot bring myself to give this a thorough listen lol

Maybe that will change but I doubt it. At least we’ll always have the memories with the older albums

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I just want to read all the lyrics but I can't find them online yet.

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Damn that opening track had some promise sonically.

J12 and CAC3 like this.
  10. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I'm with you. This was my favorite band once upon a time. I won't even give it a listen. Usually I'd think doing that would make me pretty hypocritical but I've heard enough to know what I think and there's better use of my ears/time.

Doomsday likes this.
  11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I am going to listen to this dumpster fire once and then basically pretend it never happened. This was my favorite band for so long, probably the only band I’ve seen live more is Circa Survive, so like, I can’t bring myself to skip entirely. But it’s a real bummer just how far gone Max has gotten. I’ve noticed him get a little more unhinged every release since Hebrews, but just reading some of the lyrics to this one gives me the heebee-jeebees.

Shams, Cameron and Zilla like this.
  12. Dog Fish

Mutt

Woman Song is like a ruined version of Goodbye Young Tutor

Zilla likes this.
  13. J.love

Regular

Every song is about cum. Wtf.
    It should be called Say Anything....is cumming.
    There is absolutley potential sonically but I just can't with the lyrics.

14. prechorus

it reminds me of Kevin Smith in some ways. They just gave up after being coddled by the fanbase and life. I think I saw SA like 10 times in a 7 year period (the 00s) and I'm just beyond disappointed in Max as an artist. Hated everything since Anarchy (each release somehow got worse) and I think CPS being called was the right thing. Huge Eisley fan too and yeah, SB sucks just as much. It's a miracle something worse hasn't happened.

15. HankThePigeon

Say Anything... Is Cummitted

Shams, Crisp X, Carrow and 5 others like this.
  16. TophTheOriginal

‘Member when Drive Thru touted Max as the next Bob Dylan.

Sal Paradise likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Stopped listening when Max starting singing about cumming for the first time in front of the toilet

Shams, SpeckledSouls, J12 and 2 others like this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

“Woman Song” is pure manipulation. It’s just ultimately about Max being mad that CPS got called on him, disguised as a tribute to his daughter. Then it goes into that whole other “breaking the fourth wall” moment and it’s just like what are we doing here?

Shams and ScubaSteve182 like this.
  19. Doomsday

flora & dany approve this post Supporter

This is the most I've ever been embarrassed by an album, jesus christ

Shams, ScubaSteve182, Carrow and 4 others like this.
  20. VanderlyleCrybaby

Regular Supporter

Yeah...couldn't get through this album. I'm in the camp of I was obsessed with is a real boy in high school and pretty much fell off after that. This dude is just always yelling about cum and his dick, etc. This shit is super annoying and grating. For anyone who likes it, to each their own! Just not for me

Shams and Zilla like this.
  21. J12

Trusted Supporter

I was pretty heavy into SA until Hebrews, which I actually did like, just didn't love. Aside from the Darren King thing, I thought "Psyche!" was a half-decent return to form that (initially) had me cautiously optimistic about the rest of the album. Then, of course, I heard some of the other singles and that disappeared.

But, morbid curiosity was always going to get the better of me. I decided to listen while cleaning my bathroom this morning. The song about Max cumming into a toilet for the first time happened to come on while I was scrubbing my Bemis toilet seat. Fun!

I really thought things couldn't go further downhill after "I, Vibrator." I mean, hell, I'd already heard "On Cum" at that point. How could it get worse?

Turns out, it does! That dick is graceful song quite legitimately could be one of the worst things I've ever heard from a professional, semi-successful musician.

22. I don't even know what I would do if I had this on and another human being heard me listening to it. Like, just caught a few lines of lyrics or something.

The shame alone would probably kill me dead on the spot.

23. J12

Trusted Supporter

My mom is living with us right now while we all build a house, and I very purposefully waited until she left to leave errands before I even considered putting this on in any capacity.

If she heard it, I'd probably just move out of my own house and leave it to her.

Shams, sukottokairu and Zilla like this.
  24. I've had some weird shit playing, but if Hannah walked in on some of these lyrics she'd probably leave me. :crylaugh:

Vitamin C's not what I need
    I need to feed on period bleed
    L.A. to O.C., Forrest for trees
    Stephanie, please
    We need that good Dick

Gonna lead to multiple divorces in the post-elder-emo-scene.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wowwwwweeee