Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything In Defense Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sayjackson, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Crossing my fingers Chicago tix last until 10/13 when I get my work bonus. Then I can comfortably spend $70 for two nights with one of my fav bands.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think they probably will, but who knows.

4. chewbacca110

Really hope Riot Fest satiated the more casual SA fans.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If anything, get at ticket to the first night if you can. I think Is a Real Boy and first half of In Defense is much more likely to sell out quickly than 2nd half of In Defense and S/T.

6. chewbacca110

Tickets to both nights in Chicago secured. I will find out how much one can lose their voice after singing hard for two nights in a row.

7. MegT585

Trusted

This started last night. If anyone goes soon and can get a pic of merch I would love you forever

Fletchaaa likes this.
  8. Jerihoar

Regular

Both nights were so much fun! Tho his voice was already going aha. Glad to be the start of the tour, everyone on stage looked like they were having a lot of fun.

9. chewbacca110

Ah, that was my fear but I cannot wait for the Chicago shows. I will also lose my voice.

10. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Since this is a album tour, I don't have to spoiler this, but after seeing the setlists a question came up:

Why in the name of hell would you order the days 'IARB - - - > Disc 1' and 'Self Titled - - - > Disc 2'? Are they trying to suck the energy out of the room and force half the audience to leave?

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Marketing idea probably. If people like Defense of the Genre, they’ll try to come to both nights.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Or if you're like me and don't really like IDOTG you get to leave early!!

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the setup is a bit weird. i would open with S/T and close with Disc 1 on night one, and open with Disc 2 and close with IARB on night two.

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm definitely going to try and go to the S/T-Disc 2 night.

15. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I disagree, Ah Men is a way better closer than Sorry Dudes My Bad. We could argue on whether Plea works betters as a closer than Admit It, but either is fine.

16. chewbacca110

This tour looks amazingly exhausting. So excited to hear the deep cuts on all 3 albums.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm pretty sure it's s/t and disc 1

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The Detroit show is advertised as IARB/Disc 1 for night 1 and Self-titled/disc 2 for night 2
    EF1A76BD-1363-4BFE-91F7-3A3007022213.jpeg

19. cwhit

weird, my show is the opposite and they've played it my way so far through two locations

20. chewbacca110

This tour switches it up a little bit. I wonder if that was the band's decision or if it depended on the days of the week they are in town. It might be hard to sell out a show at a club on a Monday night, but if it's IARB night, they'd probably have a bigger pull.

21. cwhit

honestly considering going to the night 2 IARB night if i have a good enough time at night 1 lol

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm only going to IARB / Disc 2 night now but very excited to see IARB again especially in an intimate venue

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

I double checked and they're actually reversed. IARB is on night 2.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Where do you see that?

25. ALT/MSC/FAN