Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything In Defense Anniversary Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sayjackson, Aug 22, 2017.

1. sayjackson

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

CA$$$$$$$$$$H GRAB

3. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Heart likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

5. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Can you really shit on Max trying to make a living to support his family? Who cares.

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

IARB: already did one of these tours
    IDOTG: will be 11 by the time most of this tour happens
    S/T: doesn't turn 10 until 2019, when you know he'll do another one.

Get your money, Max, but damn.

7. Preach!

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I can't comprehend why this bothers you. He's a musician, he makes money by playing music with his band. What is he only allowed to play mixed setlists of mostly recent stuff?

Heart, electro haikus and Joe4th like this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. He's entitled to do whatever he wants with the songs he created.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I don't see this as a cash grab at all lol

And even if it is, who cares? I'm sure a ton of Say Anything fans (casual and non casual) are really excited about it. Personally these are the only 3 SA albums I really like so as a casual fans I'm excited for this

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay so you're just ignorant.

GrantCloud and Joe4th like this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

13. fbrrocks

Trusted

No CT again it's been like 4/5 tours I think with no CT

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

might do the ottobar show, lol

s/t is kinda sick, plus it's a tiny place

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I don't entirely know if this is worth driving to Detroit for since I only really listen to IARB once or twice or year, but at the very least I'm intrigued. It would be cool to relive some of the nostalgia from my SA fandom. The support might be what makes or breaks it for me.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  16. MegT585

Trusted

Already bought tickets to both nights in Philly. So fucking excited.

monrovian likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Not coming to Portland AND during Finals week. Bummer.

18. TMS2787

Trusted

When I saw the announcement a few minutes ago my initial thought was "cashing in" but then I realized I don't give a shit if it is a cash garb or not because everyone needs to make a living and needs to make money. I want to go and I think it'll be fun and I'm gladly going to pay for tickets.

It's funny that they are splitting IDOTG over the two nights. For the person who's favorite Say Anything work is IARB and Disc 2 they'll get the dream show. Lol.

Also wondering if the IARB shows will have the WARB songs?

19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I'm guessing the IARB shows would not have the WARB songs. Would be too long of a set probably. I hope I'm wrong though.

20. TMS2787

Trusted

That's almost a Springsteen set length, haha. I would love for it to be the full Is and Was but I don't really know if I like them that much to see them play for almost 3 hours after seeing them the previous night. Haha

bachna84 likes this.
  21. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Also, when they played their IARB show in Cleveland back at the end of 2014 (with Saves the Day and Reggie and the Full Effect), they didn't even play all of WARB then. So I doubt they'd play it in full for the upcoming tour.

22. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

What a cash grab, Max should play all of his music for free

Seriously though this looks great. I can probably only do one night but I don't think I care which albums of these 3 he plays it will be awesome either way. If anything I prefer in defense since I saw the iarb tour

JaytotheGee likes this.
  23. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I'm actually pretty interested in this. Would love if they had chosen Baseball as well but maybe that's being saved for a final tour.

24. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

They did that rarities tour a while ago and I think he indicated he'd do something like that again for the really old stuff

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea there's no way WARB songs will be included. As others said, he didn't even do all of it on the original IARB tour, and with just IARB and Disc 2, that's already what? 27 songs? No way he does anymore than that, especially when he's doing these shows back to back. S/T and Disc 1 will also be 26 songs.

Wow the full weight of what I will be seeing just hit me.