Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. WeWereGiants

Regular

Time really flies, this album has meant a lot to me. I can’t see myself listening to it again sadly, it feels wrong

2. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I feel that. I mentioned before I talked about this at length with my therapist and at the end of the day it’s important to keep the piece of art into perspective with how it relates to you. Not saying you should go and listen to it, just sharing perspective!

Allhailburnzy and WeWereGiants like this.
  3. :sly: Uhhhhhh……

upload_2021-11-21_7-3-36.jpeg

4. Classic.

5. There’s zero chance that that interview is going to go the way that it should, right?

6. deflector

formerly pizzatime

like I mentioned in the accountability thread, apparently eleven other people came forward after the initial allegations?

7. wow. Can you link to that?

8. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I mean it was very clear for a long time that Chris was not well. It's a shame it amounted to abusive behavior. Didn't hear about the 11 more, but I can't really listen to STD anymore. Same thing with Brand New. It would be one thing if the art they created didn't have similarities to the abuse, but they do.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. Yeah I haven’t listened to them in a while, since before the allegation(s) came out.

I want to think I can separate their music which is 20-25 years old but I don’t know. In no rush to find out

10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I am personally able to listen to Brand New, but I’m not looking to go over my reasoning because I want to avoid debate. However, I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to listen to Chris again. Something about his story disturbed me more than just about any other that’s come out of the music scene. I literally had a nightmare the night this all came out about the timer thing he was doing.

11. The timer thing was soooo creepy and weird…

Benjamin Lee and elphshelf like this.
  12. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah I had no clue about the additional 11 allegations. I knew about the possessive creepy shit and the groping incident.

13. deflector

formerly pizzatime

the 11 allegations are only casually mentioned by the your.bandsucks instagram that initially reported the conley stuff in May. I'd link the insta but I'm at work/don't want to

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Mildly interesting that account is followed by max bemis

waterloobeam likes this.
  15. woodpile

Also not debating, but I’ve found myself on the other end of the spectrum. Easier for me to allow myself to listen to STD vs BN, as I see it as “creepy guy who needs help v. literally illegal.”

16. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Even on Stay What You Are, the lyrics about self-mutilation had my 14-year-old brain concerned.

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Can definitely respect that.

18. Plot twist.

The podcast’s Facebook page removed the post about the Chris Conley episode, and it’s not on Spotify or Stitcher, assuming new episodes pop up on Monday at Midnight EST.

Myself and a couple others posted about the allegations on their Facebook post. Maybe they decided to dodge the bullet and hold off on releasing it.

19. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Episode is on Spotify now. Not sure when it was recorded.

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Just listened. I think it was recorded before “the incident”.

21. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yeah most of the Chris Demakes episodes are previously recorded and I think they have a large backlog from lockdown.

22. Dog Fish

Mutt

Well...Chris Demakes certainly didn't edit out the last thing Conley said which was something along the lines of "the first thing we'll probably do is put out some new music." So who knows when this was recorded.

23. Crimson Devils

Sending unsolicited dick pics to a boy you've been grooming since he was 12 years old sounds pretty illegal to me.

24. James V.

So any news on the current whereabouts of Mr. Conley and whether Arun and the other guys are still in the band? Is there still a band? What's the deal?

Kopitar11 likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Who cares, I just hope Chris is getting the help he needs