Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I haven't listened because I have zero interest in Two Tongues and also because I still remember I Don't Think It Is. But what you're saying is quickly bumming me out, haha. I think the rawness kick Max is on would be good for Chris' vocals, though

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I hope you're right, and also that Chris keeps the album grounded a bit. I'll be really bummed if Max (who was at one point my favorite musician) puts out two bad albums this year.

3. I want that to be good but I have really, really low expectations. I didn't like the first one save two or three songs and I pretty much can't stand anything Max has done in the last 4-5 years.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This is basically where I'm at. I haven't thought anything Max has done has been awful (barring IDTII, that might me my most hated album full stop), but similar to Chris his vocals have also gotten really grating for me. Whereas I can get behind everything else Chris is doing, Max has also been on a trend of super reactionary lyrics that come off as pettier and more immature than one would think emo can get since it's mostly just unwarranted and out of the blue. Saves the Day 2kForever, Say Anything....well, S/T wasn't THAT long ago, right?

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  5. SayHello

Regular

I need this band to put out something soon.

Scoob and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

[​IMG]

Two Tongues Two art.

7. SayHello

Regular

The art isn't bad, but I can guaranteed you that the music will be (unless Conley can work his magic and save Bemis from himself).

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Repost from SA thread but preorder is up on iTunes with "Azalea" out now

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  9. figureitout

Regular

I like Chris on this song just fine, but Max and the music itself is making it really hard for me to enjoy. I'm still going into the album cautiously optimistic, I just hope the rest doesn't sound much like this.

10. SayHello

Regular

The only response I have to the Two Tongues song is that, oh my god (and not in a good way). Can't say I'm surprised, but wow, that song is just epic proportions of badness to the likes of which I haven't heard in quite some time.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

:tear:

12. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

damn, i didn't realize how awesome/full-circle Saves the Day's set was at Bane's last show in Boston. lots of old songs/Chris reviving the lead singer (no guitar) role. great set, everybody goes off immediately.

three miles down a capella rules

full set:
    Saves the Day - June 18, 2016

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

haha, that set is cool to watch. all these people just diving into the crowd and he just remains ever so chill

14. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

and just to keep the nostalgia going:

this and "hold" acoustic in the alleyway will always remain my favorite saves the day videos

15. devenstonow

Noobie

16. i love that

Scoob likes this.
  17. SayHello

Regular

The set list makes great sense considering that set list consists of moodier, louder, more rough around the edge tracks. Plays well as an opener for Coheed. Smart.

devenstonow likes this.
  18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

more sound the alarm please. can't believe that a decade for it came and went with nothing for it, but also i can. i just wanted something haha

KidLightning likes this.
  19. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I love how much they change up their set list these days. Last time they were on Warped, I went to two dates that were a week apart, and their set lists were totally different both times. They might've overlapped with one song, but no more than one.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

with as many albums as they got, it'd be kind of a shame to not vary the setlist. eight albums? and b sides? that's some good pickings. except maybe daybreak but i gotta revisit that one

21. If only Blink would use that logic...

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Blink kind of suffers more from having a more steady sound imo. If it's all (or rather 85-90%) the same kind of pop or poppy punk, then I guess I understand picking the best of those songs pretty consistently, with the occasional deep cut. Plus them being as big as they are, every artist of that size has those setlist staples. They were in the mainstream eye long enough to get a lot of setlist staples. They could very well just choose to challenge preconceived notions which would be cool of them.

23. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

If they ever play Online Songs, Anthem, The Party Song or Roller Coaster at a show I'm at, my life would be complete

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. hurley182

I wouldn't hold your breath, lol