Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Would much rather have a new STD.

Boy out of context that sentence would look bad on my part

2. I feel like new std is coming

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Chris going ham on Twitter right now

4. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

"WE COULD BE IN LOVE WITH LIFE ITSELF" is a good tweet.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. I posted about this earlier, but I just want to extend the offer again, in case any one is interested.

The Chorus.FM tribute compilation for Saves The Day comes out this upcoming Monday. All the songs are due in by Sunday evening. If you'd like to sign up and record a quick cover, we'd love to have you submit a track!

If you're interested,
    - Check the list below and make sure the song you want to do isn't already picked by someone.
    - Call out what song you want me to sign you up for.
    - When you're finished recording your cover, e-mail it to ChorusFMComps@hotmail.com

Whether anyone in here signs up or not, I'll post the download link on Monday so you can all check it out!

Here's what's been picked so far:

Things So Impossible - Freakish
    bradsonemanband - Ups and Downs
    DashboardProfessional - Lucky Number
    elemenohpe - The Last Lie I Told
    elemenohpe - Jesse and My Whetstone
    trevorshmevor - At Your Funeral
    nothingsforeverdude - Stay
    InfiniteArms - Where Are You
    snaps - Sell My Clothes, I'm off To Heaven
    SaveTheEarth - Take Our Cars Now
    therookielot - Third Engine
    xkhiemster - You Vandal
    Monochrome Coast - Jukebox Breakdown

SayHello and Contender like this.
  7. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Hopefully someone can help me out here. Can anyone match the songs on Bug Sessions 2&3 to the show they were recorded at? Trying to remember which one came from Maxwell's in NJ.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have physical copies at home, probably says somewhere on there yeah?

9. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Nah they just say "all songs recorded live fall 2007"

10. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

damn, totally forgot about this when things switched over to Chorus.FM... cool if i grab "See You" ?

11. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

12. we're doing a yellowcard compilation next. if you're into that, you should totally submit a track!

13. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

good stuff, i'll have to subscribe to that other thread and keep up with it! thanks, dude!

14. Scoob

Regular

Did we forget SWYA turns 15 today?! I know I did. :(

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Chris was on the Going Off Track podcast last week or the week before, revealed a kinda rough timeline of future music:

-Two Tongues Album & Tour, Fall 2016
    -Record new STD winter 2016
    -Release new STD summer 2017
    -Then solo album

16. marceting

Trusted

Just listened to Holly Hox for the first time in forever - ugh sooo good. This is a quintessential Jersey high school anthem.

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I really, really hope new Two Tongues is good. First album was kind of average. And Max already released a disgustingly bad album this year...

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I really can't stand Chris's voice on recordings anymore. Grapefruit was brutally hard to tolerate and listen to. I'll take a stab at a new Two Tongues album over new STD easily these days.

19. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

good to know!! interested to hear a solo record from Chris. i remember him saying he'll always record/play music under the STD name, so i wonder if he's going in a different direction for a solo album (or if it'll just be acoustic)

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Am I the only one who think Chris's voice is much better now than it was on their early albums?

SaveTheEarth and irthesteve like this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Stoked for Two Tongues, stoked for STD, stoked for solo

SaveTheEarth and Benjamin Lee like this.
  22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

For those interested in Chris's project with Max Bemis "Two Tongues", found more info about it on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KA4MTZ4/?tag=absolutepunk-20

It seems the next album will simply be titled "Two" and it comes out on October 14th.

Tracklist:
    1. Azalea
    2. Truly
    3. Barcelona
    4. U.S.
    5. Scorpio
    6. S.O.S.S.O.L.
    7. We Can Work
    8. Veuve Clicquot
    9. Bateman
    10. Interlude Two
    11. Black Hole

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The Two Tongues record will be interesting to hear Chris' vocals. I think the last album had his vocals way overproduced, it barely sounds like Chris Conley to me. I still like it but not his best vocals imo. it's musically like something between SWYA and In Reverie. In terms of clean vocals and control of his voice, I think he sounded best SWYA to STA. Such a good run

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'm mostly just worried because that clip and the album Max already put out this year. I really just hope it's not bad. haha I love Chris, so yeah, definitely hope they produce him well.