Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 43

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

[​IMG]

huh.

2. J.love

Regular

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

we did it team

upload_2019-11-6_21-45-14.png

JRGComedy, Dan O'Neill, Tom and 12 others like this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

he signed all 9 of my records lol what a guy

CAC3, Dan O'Neill, Scoob and 6 others like this.
  5. tomdelonge

Trusted

i was there too! i thought he sounded really great, his voice especially. the choice of guitar sound was...interesting, but i think i liked it.

i also thought it was really cool how he added some jazzy flourishes to those songs.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  6. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah the guitar sound was horrible but his voice sounds excellent, it legit sounds higher and younger on each record bizarrely

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Did anyone go to the free 30-minute show that Kerrang hosted at The Well in NYC this week?

I had two tickets but couldn't go last minute. Apparently it was about ~100 people and all Through Being Cool material.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Dan O'Neill and SaveTheEarth like this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Through Being Cool demos are great fun

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Interesting. I found a lot of them barely listenable.

11. irthesteve

oh I mean, they are terrible on the surface, but hearing demo versions of songs I have heard a hundred times is super interesting to me

12. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

THIS. I've always been interested in demo versions.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. Greg

I generally agree, but these just sounded so bad. I don’t hold it against the band. It was 20 years ago and they were still a very small band.

14. irthesteve

Hmm weird, were you listening on spotify? I downloaded the deluxe and didn't think it was THAT bad

15. Greg

I was actually. I should use the download from my vinyl and check it out again. But, I dunno. It was distractingly bad.

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

wow this weekend was the coolest thing of my entire life

uhh idk where to start but I talked to chris for a combined solid hour through all of the events. he was super nice and kind and answered some really deep questions I had for him. the shows were both wild and wet and super high energy and fun. said that next year he wants to do a solo record and a new saves record.

17. irthesteve

based on Insta, I had figured you just became a travelling groupie from here on out

18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

if ONLY

irthesteve likes this.
  19. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Well what were the deep questions and what did he answer? Only if you're comfortable sharing that is.

20. AWasteOfATime Nov 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I asked about the meanings of the songs w letter titles on Daybreak, what that chunk of the record means. (which i can elaborate on)

also asked what he sees next for himself, if he thinks about his legacy and how important is is to do things like celebrate records like TBC. which leads me to believe they will totally do a SWYA 20 year tour or something.

also asked if he would ever consider doing a show where they played the whole trilogy, or press bug sessions on vinyl.

21. please

Dan O'Neill, SaveTheEarth and Scoob like this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

the letters are E Z U O, and he's thinking of like their meanings from the Greek Alphabet, I guess

E is like a letter thats broken into pieces, starting to open up. So its about his mind separating and being open to the idea of relief and change.

Try or fail to forgive
    Nothing left to relive
    I watch your black hair blow in the wind
    Can we love again?
    Do you feel a thing?
    Will you take my hands?
    I want to live again

Z is like a lightning bolt, and its the moment of epiphany. its when he first realizes that this whole thing is something he can climb out of, even though he's down so far.

Everything I knew was wrong
    What is really going on?

U is a letter shaped like a cup, and the cup is holding the experience and looking in on it and seeing yourself and all of the mistakes made while you were in that state, and knowing that you want to get better. this one and O's lyrics are a lot more straightforward than the other 2 imo.

Blinded by circumstance I suffered and I strayed
    Denied the fear inside, it's me that I betrayed

But now I'm here just to hold you
    In my heart 'til forever
    Has come and gone a hundred times
    I'll be here waiting

if U is half of the experience, or half of the circle, then O is the full circle, the full experience when you fully realize and bring yourself out of that darkness, the realization and putting together the entire thing in your mind and accepting them and finding the solution.

I think I'm starting to see
    The love I need is inside of me
    As I look to you now, vow and confess
    You're the light in my eyes

I also noticed that all of these songs are sang directly to another person, probably the person in questions partner, as he sees this relationship as intertwined with his struggle, and wants to come clean with them. Idk the exact details of his personal life but its not that hard to put together what's going on there.
    This was really cool because its something i've literally though about since the record came out, and i asked him about it and he said he's literally never been asked about it before and was super stoked to talk about all of them with me, and it gives me an even deeper appreciation for him and his art that so much is still buried in there.

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

This is so amazing!! Although I envy your experience, I'm so glad you got to live it! Thanks for sharing, friend.

Dan O'Neill and AWasteOfATime like this.
  24. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Thanks for sharing!

25. Dog Fish

Mutt

So is it common knowledge that "For Erminie" doesn't exist out there? I can't find a yt video, but google throws up lyrics.