Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. realphilrizzo

A lot of people hate on that album, so I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I think Guilt Show is excellent. So underrated.

2. guilt show is my favorite get up kids lp haha. it's awesome

Renee likes this.
  3. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

My two favorite albums from them are in reverie and sound the alarm - and this is coming from someone who got into them when through being cool had just come out and they were insanely popular as part of that scene - but I really feel like their most creative and impressive music was the in reverie - sound the alarm combo. Don't get me wrong - through being cool is my number three pick, though - outstanding album! Anywhoo, the rest of that trilogy just didn't have a good central sound - it was too all over the place and not cohesive... some of it just sounded messy and anytime I go back to listen, I get bored after a few songs. HOWEVER, get fucked up is one of their best songs, for sure!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I wish I could get into Through Being Cool, just because so many people love that album (hell, it's basically responsible for the existence of Fall Out Boy. haha). Get Fucked Up is phenomenal, one of my favorites (if not my absolute favorite).(Shameless plug: I'm covering it in the Chorus comp that @bradsonemanband mentioned a page or two ago). haha I think I just like the type of music in the trilogy over the type of music pre-Reverie and if I was in to that type of music I might view those albums totally different.

suburban myth likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

SWYA is one of those albums that I can't find a thing wrong with it. Perfect pop rock/emo/alt rock/ who gives a fuck about genres.

This bands entire catalog is worth listening to. So good.

Kopitar11, Scoob and Jake Z like this.
  6. Jake Z

Regular

The trilogy has some amazing songs no doubt, but a lot of filler too. The ST I had such high expectations for, and it was horrible. Still love the band but nothing will ever top SWYA for me.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

There's a Vagrant records comp called Another Year On The Streets that is probably the best representation of early 2000's Saves the Day and their peers you're ever gonna find. If you search it on Spotify, a playlist comes up that has everything on it and then some. If ya don't, just google the track list and check out some of the stuff you see.

bradsonemanband and Benjamin Lee like this.
  8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Oh, this is super cool. Thank you! Checking it out now.

edit: Hahaha, totally forgot about Reggie & the Full Effect. Think I burned them out of my memory after that sexy cop thing at the end of their show.

9. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

For sure. That comp blew the doors wide open for me like 15 years ago.

Key tracks: The Anniversary- D in Detroit, Koufax- Going to Happen, The Get Up Kids- I'm a Loner Dottie, A Rebel

10. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Man, Stay What You Are is a perfect album. It's always up between that and Through Being Cool for best STD for me. (Popular opinion, but true nonetheless.)

11. CoffeeEyes17

In Reverie would be my other pick for best STD record.

Kopitar11 and suburban myth like this.
  12. I think for me it's a 3 way tie between TBC, SWYA, and In Reverie. I love all of those albums so much but for all very different reasons.

Kopitar11 likes this.
  13. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I remember how confused high school me was when I first heard In Reverie, but I've grown to love it over the years. Now I'd put it second behind only SWYA.

Kopitar11 likes this.
  14. Jake Z

Regular

I gotta check out that Vagrant comp today. Somehow never heard it. I don't think people who are maybe a bit younger realize just how big that label got for awhile.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They blacked out their Twitter and deleted all previous tweets.

Hopefully that means we're getting some info soon

SayHello likes this.
  16. pulling a radiohead huh

17. That compilation was incredible. It introduced me to Alkaline Trio, STD, The Get Up Kids, New Ams, The Anniversary... And I'm actually working on getting members from each band to sign my CD. I've got a few so far.

18. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

That's awesome! Who ya got so far? And yeah, there just isn't a bad song on it. No Motiv is another band from that comp that showed a ton of promise. And that Face to Face version of Sunny Side of the Street is one of my favorite songs ever- always puts me in such a good mood.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. So far I have Dan from Alkaline Trio, Matt Pryor from TGUK and New Ams, James from TGUK and Reggie, Matt from The Anniversary, and I thiiiiink that's it so far.

20. CoffeeEyes17

Sound The Alarm is so fucking good y'all holy shit

21. Jake Z

Regular

First time hearing it?

22. CoffeeEyes17

I hadn't listened to it in a while. IR and SWYA are always in steady rotation and the others I'll listen to every now and then. On a big STD kick now.

STA is just so aggressive and raw and dripping with emotion. Definitely my favorite of the trilogy.

23. Jake Z

Regular

Yeah man, such a dark, raw record for sure. You could tell Chris was in a bad place at the time, after all the drama with the label around IR. I need to revisit it myself soon, it has been awhile.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  24. Scoob

Regular

Undress Me blessed me during my train ride home. I love that track so much. Want to learn how to play it but there's no tabs, never mind that I suck at guitar.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Chris is currently in a recording studio with Eisley, Max Bemis and Will Yip.

I'm guessing Two Tongues work and a possible Eisley guest spot

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.